+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR for dependent who is Inland and PA outland

Marbie7

Jul 16, 2024
My spouse who is the PA is outland but I am Inland. My spouse got PPR and I did not receive any message on the next step....Will I also get a COPR when her own COPR is issued with travel visa??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My spouse who is the PA is outland but I am Inland. My spouse got PPR and I did not receive any message on the next step....Will I also get a COPR when her own COPR is issued with travel visa??
Have you informed IRCC that you are living in different countries?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Yes, the PA has been asked to submit passport for visa stamping
You will get Portal email. If you already got portal email and spouse got passport request letter, then it’s normal. Your spouse can’t enter Canada until you get your ECOPR .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will get Portal email. If you already got portal email and spouse got passport request letter, then it’s normal. Your spouse can’t enter Canada until you get your ECOPR .
Wrong way PA is abroad while partner is in Canada. PA needs to land in Canada first.

Reactions: armoured

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
That’s what i said . He is PA . His spouse can’t enter canada until he gets COPR .
OP is the "spouse" in the application and OP is inside Canada now.
OP's spouse who is outside Canada is the PA. SO OP's spouse will get COPR (already received PPR) and enter Canada FIRST before OP will get eCOPR.

Reactions: armoured

Marbie7

Jul 16, 2024
OP is the "spouse" in the application and OP is inside Canada now.
OP's spouse who is outside Canada is the PA. SO OP's spouse will get COPR (already received PPR) and enter Canada FIRST before OP will get eCOPR.
Thank you