+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

coop with student visa

tkfkadms

Jun 11, 2013
I got an letter saying that I should provide a description of the duties I performed as a cook and how these responsibilities were an integral part of my studies while extending my student visa.
Back then, I didn't know that it was a problem, thinking that co-op visa is also work permit visa. So I applied for extending my student visa and restoration for status.
They sent a request letter. The question is that is there a way to cover and appeal my mistake and make them continue to process the visa like pay fine? Besides, have you ever seen or
done this kind of case?? I have no idea how to handle this problem. Am I considered an illegal worker?? and great disadvantages in the future ?? How can I explain this to CIC?? No way to explain but to admit my mistake. How can I describe as a written form?
To get straight it again, I worked as a cook with co-op visa unwittingly although I do not study any program related to a cooking

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The work you did was illegal.

There's nothing for you to appeal.

CIC knows you worked as a cook while on the co-op work permit. I suppose you can try to explain that you didn't understand the rules of the co-op work permit and hope you get a sympathetic officer reviewing your file.

Unfortunately I think you're going to be asked to leave Canada due to the illegal work. CIC doesn't typically accept the "I didn't understand the rules" excuse.

tkfkadms

Jun 11, 2013
scylla said:
The work you did was illegal.

There's nothing for you to appeal.

CIC knows you worked as a cook while on the co-op work permit. I suppose you can try to explain that you didn't understand the rules of the co-op work permit and hope you get a sympathetic officer reviewing your file.

Unfortunately I think you're going to be asked to leave Canada due to the illegal work. CIC doesn't typically accept the "I didn't understand the rules" excuse.
Thank you for replying.. Could you let me know another repercussions?? I was planning to go to college.. Can I get another chance to get student visa and go to school again as soon as I go back my country??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
By working illegally you have abused the privileges of the visa you were granted (i.e. you didn't follow the rules). I think there's certainly a good chance this will impact your ability to qualify for a visa in the future. However none of us here can say for certain. You'll just have to wait and see what happens.

tkfkadms

Jun 11, 2013
scylla said:
By working illegally you have abused the privileges of the visa you were granted (i.e. you didn't follow the rules). I think there's certainly a good chance this will impact your ability to qualify for a visa in the future. However none of us here can say for certain. You'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Ah.. Thanks again, man. Thanks.

Let me ask you more questions. Do you think it might be better to provide a kind of appealing description when I apply for a student visa just, you know, to display that I reprent that I didn't aware of that and it won't happen again like that? or Do you think it works seeing it from your perspect? Or, a petition by a lawyer would work, you think??

Ah, besides, is this a totally different case between just an illegally worker without any permission and I with wrongly used permission?