+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Convocation - visitor visa

BA12

Jan 17, 2024
My sister has her convocation on 18th July and a grad party on 28th July
She wants to file a visitor visa for her parents and young brother

just had this question, since the current processing timeline is 44 days if we file the visa tomorrow itself, would it be a good decision or would there be more chances of refusal

also, if we mention both reasons of convocation and travel together for a 3 week visa, would that increase the chances of acceptance since I’ve heard from people that they have post convocation date acceptances for visas too.

what to do in this scenario since there’s time crunch. Please help, thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My sister has her convocation on 18th July and a grad party on 28th July
She wants to file a visitor visa for her parents and young brother

just had this question, since the current processing timeline is 44 days if we file the visa tomorrow itself, would it be a good decision or would there be more chances of refusal

also, if we mention both reasons of convocation and travel together for a 3 week visa, would that increase the chances of acceptance since I’ve heard from people that they have post convocation date acceptances for visas too.

what to do in this scenario since there’s time crunch. Please help, thanks
Convocations is less than a month away so don’t think it will come in time. Processing is a guideline and they should have applied months ago. Plus factor in the 10 or so days for passport stamping if approved. How old is brother?

So at this point, they would be applying to visit Canada not attend a convocation.

BA12

Jan 17, 2024
Theres also this aspect that my sister is a work permit holder. And not a PR so it anyway gets difficult to get a visa for parents and convocation becomes a solid reason for a visa acceptance but then in this case there is a major time crunch. All your suggestions would help. Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Theres also this aspect that my sister is a work permit holder. And not a PR so it anyway gets difficult to get a visa for parents and convocation becomes a solid reason for a visa acceptance but then in this case there is a major time crunch. All your suggestions would help. Thanks
Convocation that is in less than a month is not really a reason to visit now. Reason is to visit daughter.

BA12

Jan 17, 2024
Yes so she can add a line saying that since there is a convocation and she doesn’t see them coming given the timeline she has planned a party a month later since it’s a milestone for her and wants her parents to celebrate with her

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes so she can add a line saying that since there is a convocation and she doesn’t see them coming given the timeline she has planned a party a month later since it’s a milestone for her and wants her parents to celebrate with her
You can but a party that is a couple of hours is not reason for a 3 week visit. Highlight should be on visiting daughter and itinerary of what they will do.