+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Convicted in crime - what to expect and what to do?

Ruckruck

Nov 8, 2014
Hi all,
Sadly to say I've been convicted in crime in 2009. It was medium bodily harm with a weapon, but because of age (I was 17) I was only convicted - no jail, no fine. I know it's still a crime, and serious. I have some questions... Maybe who knows about rehabilitation process.

1) I think I'm not qualified for a juvenile court because of seriousity of crime. Am I right?
2) I suppose I have to receive rehabilitation certificate BEFORE any immigration processes (even application)
3) If I choose provincional program and if I were interviewed by immigration officer he or she certainly will ask me about my criminal past. And of course I have to tell him the truth and even if I would be rehabilitated he certainly will deny me. Do they ask about criminal? Or it's only prerogative of CIC? I think they do.

Please, somebody help me.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Were you convicted in Canada? If yes, you may want to look up the "Young Offenders Act" and see what it says. You may also want to speak to an reputable immigration lawyer before you apply, because it's important to do it right the first time you apply for permanent residence. Goodluck!

Ruckruck

Nov 8, 2014
SenoritaBella said:
Were you convicted in Canada? If yes, you may want to look up the "Young Offenders Act" and see what it says. You may also want to speak to an reputable immigration lawyer before you apply, because it's important to do it right the first time you apply for permanent residence. Goodluck!
Thank you for reply.
No, I was convicted outside Canada. Can I pass the rehabilitation process without lawyer? Does anyone has experience?