+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Convention Refugee w/ Refugee Travel Document Traveling

canadian90

Feb 2, 2016
Hi

I am a Convention Refugee, and and I was also granted a refugee Travel Document, I am still waiting for my PR. I would like to travel to Europe. I heard that I can land in Germany no problems, without even a visa.

Is this true? If so, could you please share your experiences? The fact I do not have a PR card, would the German customs ask me questions and may put me on the next flight back to Canada?

Please provide details if possible. I would like to do the flights booking, but I am still hesitated.

Thank you,

Alialyafai

May 23, 2016
HELLO
MY FRIEND I have travel document and I have visited Germany with no pr card and no visa and they so friendly.

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadatraveldocument said:
Big answer from Germany embassy in Ottawa
http://www.canada.diplo.de/Vertretung/kanada/en/02/visa/blue__travel__document.html
I am not sure but I think PR card with refugee travel document would allow you to enter Germany without a visa

read this (why did they mention the PR card in this document?)

http://www.canada.diplo.de/contentblob/3299252/Daten/1871402/travel_document_download.pdf

canadian90

Feb 2, 2016
They mentioned this in case you are a PR, and still holding your passport from your country of origin, which is why recommended to travel with a RTD.

Thanks for all the answers, and the links. You guys were very helpful...

canadian90

Feb 2, 2016
Also, another question actually about my return...

If I decide to return to Canada from another European city, such as Amsterdam, as I am thinking to return from Netherlands to Canada, not from Germany to Canada. Is that still ok? or the Dutch customs will interfere in this case?

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadian90 said:
Also, another question actually about my return...

If I decide to return to Canada from another European city, such as Amsterdam, as I am thinking to return from Netherlands to Canada, not from Germany to Canada. Is that still ok? or the Dutch customs will interfere in this case?
you can't do that..Germany allows you enter just its country with RTD and not to cross to another European country unless you have a visa from that country or you have schengen visa. Read the document carefully.