+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Convention refugee dependents

yazi

Apr 3, 2013
Hi friends,

I have a question regarding convention refugee dependents PR application. My friend's is accepted as a convention refugee (protected person - no clue if that is any different) but his wife is rejected. I know, it is weird; as all officers that I talked with were amazed based on what logic the judge did this. Anyway, my friend has applied for PR and included his wife in the application as a dependent. Both are living in Canada right now. The question is this: are both going to get their PR together? Or he has to apply for wife sponsorship after receiving his PR?

Thank you in advance and hope to see the day that nobody is going through the hassle of immigration/refugee/citizenship/...!

yazi

Apr 3, 2013
From the day they claimed to the day he got the convention refugee status 3 years and half. Sorry if this disappoints anybody :(

I will also thinking that way. Recently a friend has told us that there is a chance that this won't be the case and she knows people who have the status but their spouse/wife did not get it at they are applying for sponsorship. I have been googling all day long but could not find anything since this is a very rare case.

Sysnco

Apr 29, 2024
I know it’s been a decade since you posted this but any news on this case ?

Hi friends,

I have a question regarding convention refugee dependents PR application. My friend's is accepted as a convention refugee (protected person - no clue if that is any different) but his wife is rejected. I know, it is weird; as all officers that I talked with were amazed based on what logic the judge did this. Anyway, my friend has applied for PR and included his wife in the application as a dependent. Both are living in Canada right now. The question is this: are both going to get their PR together? Or he has to apply for wife sponsorship after receiving his PR?

Thank you in advance and hope to see the day that nobody is going through the hassle of immigration/refugee/citizenship/...!