+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Contract or Work Permit?

hotpinktop

Feb 11, 2011

Boy, am I so happy to have found this forum!

I'm a TFW, working as a Food Service Supervisor. I am looking at applying for CEC when my two years is up, but I am confused as to whether the two years needed is based on the contract or work permit.

I was promoted as a supervisor last November 2009. I received a new work permit (as skilled) with the effective date December 2009.
My manager renewed my contract on September 2010 and I received a new work permit valid until December 2011.

My question is this: At the end of my contract, I am still about a month or two short of the 2 full years needed for CEC. Will I still qualify for CEC if I leave my job after my contract has expired (September) or do I still need to work until December 2011 for the two year requirement to be met? :-[

I am not sure if my employer will extend the contract for three more month if I tell him I'm not renewing.

What to do.. what to do? Help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hotpinktop said:

Boy, am I so happy to have found this forum!

I'm a TFW, working as a Food Service Supervisor. I am looking at applying for CEC when my two years is up, but I am confused as to whether the two years needed is based on the contract or work permit.

I was promoted as a supervisor last November 2009. I received a new work permit (as skilled) with the effective date December 2009.
My manager renewed my contract on September 2010 and I received a new work permit valid until December 2011.

My question is this: At the end of my contract, I am still about a month or two short of the 2 full years needed for CEC. Will I still qualify for CEC if I leave my job after my contract has expired (September) or do I still need to work until December 2011 for the two year requirement to be met? :-[

I am not sure if my employer will extend the contract for three more month if I tell him I'm not renewing.

What to do.. what to do? Help!
You require 2 full years to apply for CEC of skilled work. So it would be December 2011 before you can apply.