+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Continued working in lab after graduate.

Kmyhrsh

Dec 22, 2022
Hello everyone!

After graduated on June 8, 2020 (the official graduation time), I didn’t realize I graduated and I stayed in my supervisor’s laboratory and continued my project full-time (37.5 hours/week), but with my study permit. The salary (which was stipend before graduation) was paid by the institute where the laboratory was located. After realizing the immigrant identity problem, I stopped working on August 7. My study permit expired on August 31.

And I don’t think the T4 and T4A separated the two periods (January-June and June-August).

In brief, I stayed in the same lab, received the same stipend, for 2 months after graduation, with my study permit, exceeded the 20h/week limit.

Later, when I applied for a post-graduation work permit, I wrote a Cover Letter to explain this situation. The work permit was approved, but I was not allowed to work while waiting for the work permit (September to November, 2020).

My question is, in the EE application, personal activities section, should my “work” in June-August, 2020 be included in the educational activity, or be filled into a separate employment activity?

Also, in the Work History section, should I include this two-month “work” separately?

I really appreciate your answers!