+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consultation Regarding Student Visa Rejection for Canada

thesarojstha

Apr 13, 2019
Hello, I am seeking professional advice regarding my wife's recent student visa rejection. We are quite concerned about the decision and want to understand the best course of action moving forward.

We submitted our first application in August and got rejected for the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.

Then we applied for the GCMS notes, and concurrently also submitted our application immediately without waiting for the GCMS notes, hoping that we might make it on the October intake.

However, this second application was also rejected. And, days after this second rejection we received the GCMS notes of the first application.

And, this was mentioned in GCMS notes:

Label: General
Office: New Delhi
Text: I have reviewed this SP application
The PA is a dental surgeon and applied for and received a SP 4 years ago. She never travelled as her mother was ill. She have also expressed an interest in PR in Cad, but this was also never pursued. The current application for a SP is to enrol in an MBA program. She says this will enhance her knowledge and leadership capabilities. This is disingenuous and not amplified in any great detail. I am not satisfied with the purpose of travel to Cad. It appears longer term interest is acquiring PR status Refused

Here they mentioned 3 points:
  1. My wife (who is the primary applicant) is a dental surgeon, and around 4 years ago, she received a Student Permit PG on Public Health Management, at that time she had applied alone without a dependent. And, at the same time, her mother was diagnosed with a stage 4 brain tumor, and the doctor mentioned that she would live only around 18 months, so we decided to cancel her visa at that time to spend the last moment with her mother. Now, she has already passed away, and we are applying for an MBA with a dependent on UCW.
  2. One year back, we had also created the express entry profile, however, we hadn't received any IOA, (I mean just created the profile), although we already withdrew our application from there as well before applying for a student visa, and also this was from different GC key account than we applied for PR because it was from a different agent.
  3. Third, we have applied for an MBA, despite being from a dental surgeon background. So, they are pointing this one as well.
Basically, we are confused on:
  1. We are confused, about whether we should apply again or not.
  2. We had already mentioned our PR application on both the first and second SOP, but many people now mentioning that we should not have mentioned that as they won't be checking since we hadn't paid any visa fee. And, some of them are suggesting to us, that it's okay not to mention anything about PR on our third application. However, we have hesitation about this since they will probably be checking the notes of previous rejections.
  3. Do you have any experience with applicants from medical backgrounds getting visas accepted for an MBA? By the way, 4 years back as well it was on Public Health Management.

If possible, we are looking to receive guidance from someone who had a similar situation in the past. We have already sent an email directly to info@canadavisa.com as well, but yet to receive any reply on it, not sure, if my email ended up in spam. Is it possible to book an hour consultation or so?

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello, I am seeking professional advice regarding my wife's recent student visa rejection. We are quite concerned about the decision and want to understand the best course of action moving forward.

We submitted our first application in August and got rejected for the following reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.

Then we applied for the GCMS notes, and concurrently also submitted our application immediately without waiting for the GCMS notes, hoping that we might make it on the October intake.

However, this second application was also rejected. And, days after this second rejection we received the GCMS notes of the first application.

And, this was mentioned in GCMS notes:

Label: General
Office: New Delhi
Text: I have reviewed this SP application
The PA is a dental surgeon and applied for and received a SP 4 years ago. She never travelled as her mother was ill. She have also expressed an interest in PR in Cad, but this was also never pursued. The current application for a SP is to enrol in an MBA program. She says this will enhance her knowledge and leadership capabilities. This is disingenuous and not amplified in any great detail. I am not satisfied with the purpose of travel to Cad. It appears longer term interest is acquiring PR status Refused

Here they mentioned 3 points:
  1. My wife (who is the primary applicant) is a dental surgeon, and around 4 years ago, she received a Student Permit PG on Public Health Management, at that time she had applied alone without a dependent. And, at the same time, her mother was diagnosed with a stage 4 brain tumor, and the doctor mentioned that she would live only around 18 months, so we decided to cancel her visa at that time to spend the last moment with her mother. Now, she has already passed away, and we are applying for an MBA with a dependent on UCW.
  2. One year back, we had also created the express entry profile, however, we hadn't received any IOA, (I mean just created the profile), although we already withdrew our application from there as well before applying for a student visa, and also this was from different GC key account than we applied for PR because it was from a different agent.
  3. Third, we have applied for an MBA, despite being from a dental surgeon background. So, they are pointing this one as well.
Basically, we are confused on:
  1. We are confused, about whether we should apply again or not.
  2. We had already mentioned our PR application on both the first and second SOP, but many people now mentioning that we should not have mentioned that as they won't be checking since we hadn't paid any visa fee. And, some of them are suggesting to us, that it's okay not to mention anything about PR on our third application. However, we have hesitation about this since they will probably be checking the notes of previous rejections.
  3. Do you have any experience with applicants from medical backgrounds getting visas accepted for an MBA? By the way, 4 years back as well it was on Public Health Management.

If possible, we are looking to receive guidance from someone who had a similar situation in the past. We have already sent an email directly to info@canadavisa.com as well, but yet to receive any reply on it, not sure, if my email ended up in spam. Is it possible to book an hour consultation or so?
Note that this is a voluntary forum. Hence, do not expect professional advice.

IMO, the problem might be your DLI of choice, which is UCW. This DLI does not not have a good reputation, being a private college inside a mall. Try to get admission on a public university.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. Attending UCW - garbage school. If she wants to do a MBA in BC then UBC or Simon Fraser, and take a 2 year program.The government also just announced that Masters students will need PAL too which is to stop people going from private schools like UCW.
2. Career progression makes no sense. Expand on dental career.
3. You are clearly stating intention to immigrate so will not leave. Studying in Canada is not longer an easy path to PR. Read the news as hundreds of thousands of students have permits expiring and no PR chances.

Reactions: Buletruck