+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consultant said Canada is Jobless , even PhDs are driving a Cab. Is that true ?

0xFF

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Insha'ALLAH soon
Passport Req..
Insha'ALLAH soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha'ALLAH soon
LANDED..........
Insha'ALLAH soon
So, having researched for a while i finally decided to go to a registered Canada Education consultant today to inquire about the Admission process, Visa process etc...
I was shocked when the consultant said that the situation in Canada is at its worst, there are no jobs after Graduation and even PhD holders are driving a Cab in local streets, this really made me feel sad. I am planning to Study Wireless / Telecommunication Engineering in Canada but the Consultant suggested me to not consider Canada at all because there are no engineering jobs in Canada at all. Canadian themselves not like Asians in their county. He rather asked me to focus on USA because USA provides 5-year work permit after completion of Master's Degree.

I really wants to go to Canada and no other country because it has always been my dream but these discouraging answers from a consultant really confused me.

I don't think any thing of what he said is slightly true. If any of you have an idea about this then kindly guide me and help me selecting fair destination for my Master's studies, I shall be very thankful to you.

Thank you,
0xFF

Amit Rastogi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Bull shit consultant are hard to digest. These creatures can make ur mind in anyway they want. So dont just blindly follow them. The envirmnt is awesome, people are helpfull. Jobs are by ur hard work and good knowledge. Get in a good univ and u will be settled. Yes even people are not getting jobs after their studies due to lack of good skills and knowledge.

mac2009

Jun 7, 2013
0xFF said:
So, having researched for a while i finally decided to go to a registered Canada Education consultant today to inquire about the Admission process, Visa process etc...
I was shocked when the consultant said that the situation in Canada is at its worst, there are no jobs after Graduation and even PhD holders are driving a Cab in local streets, this really made me feel sad. I am planning to Study Wireless / Telecommunication Engineering in Canada but the Consultant suggested me to not consider Canada at all because there are no engineering jobs in Canada at all. Canadian themselves not like Asians in their county. He rather asked me to focus on USA because USA provides 5-year work permit after completion of Master's Degree.

I really wants to go to Canada and no other country because it has always been my dream but these discouraging answers from a consultant really confused me.

I don't think any thing of what he said is slightly true. If any of you have an idea about this then kindly guide me and help me selecting fair destination for my Master's studies, I shall be very thankful to you.

Thank you,
0xFF
man who that shit told u that ur gonna get 5 yars post work permit in usa?u'll get only for 1 year.And it's a bit true that a lot doesnt get any gud jobs in canada,but again it depends on ur skill,uni and ur networking.But overwall,US,Aus and Germany are doing way better in terms of professional jobs for foreign gradutes.But US immigration is damn fucking hard after graduation.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
0xFF said:

Thank you,
0xFF
ur consultant is exaggerating ...situation for engineering jobs is better in US than in canada but ur visa chances are very low in US. u get 2 years OPT in US after masters where u can work and not 5 years. lot of engineers in canada dont have jobs however if ur in trade skill then there r plenty of jobs.....

0xFF

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Insha'ALLAH soon
Passport Req..
Insha'ALLAH soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha'ALLAH soon
LANDED..........
Insha'ALLAH soon
mac2009 said:
man who that *censored word* told u that ur gonna get 5 yars post work permit in usa?u'll get only for 1 year.And it's a bit true that a lot doesnt get any gud jobs in canada,but again it depends on ur skill,uni and ur networking.But overwall,US,Aus and Germany are doing way better in terms of professional jobs for foreign gradutes.But US immigration is damn *censored word*ing hard after graduation.
I totally agree with you because i have searched a lot but didn't find any authentic source that says USA gives 5year work permit, the consultant said something about I20 visa of USA, the consultant even offers guaranteed admission in USA universities in exchange of $600.

He also said that out every 10 students apply for visa in USA, 8 students gets it successfully (80% success rate), while the success rate of Canada is 60%.

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
things are looking OK for you sector.

http://www.canadianliving.com/life/work/canadas_10_hottest_job_industries_finance_construction_nursing_pharmacy_and_more.php

mac2009

Jun 7, 2013
0xFF said:
I totally agree with you because i have searched a lot but didn't find any authentic source that says USA gives 5year work permit, the consultant said something about I20 visa of USA, the consultant even offers guaranteed admission in USA universities in exchange of $600.

He also said that out every 10 students apply for visa in USA, 8 students gets it successfully (80% success rate), while the success rate of Canada is 60%.
U dont need anybody if u have internet and computer!the world needs only smarts!

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
0xFF said:

no one can guarantee admission ...I-20 is not a visa but a university document giving u admission. like the acceptance letter in canada. $600 r these on top of application fees? if so then its a rip off ....lol US F1 visa is luck and lots of people apply .....in canada PR is much easier than US green card. U can choose US on ur own dont go to consultant. If ur a good student and well clever student go to US u will get teaching assistantships or research assistantships. all the talent goes to US. However dont choose US based on ur consultant . search the web and find more info about both US and canada and then make an informed decision.

dreameasy218

Star Member
May 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the consultant which offered you this advise is having some spot admission fair at his place for usa and he wants you to pay them so that they make a quick buck...

My sincere advise.... log on to google and search for information..

Be it usa or canada,its you who makes your career.. :)

Hope this helps

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would take whatever a consultant says with a grain of salt as usually they are wrong (from personal experience).

Situation in Canada is not any worse than the US (probably better since the economy did not take as big a hit as the US did). The only difference is that Canada being a demographically less populated compared to the US, work opportunities are less here than the US. So as a graduate, you would have exposure to more jobs in the US than in Canada. But that does not mean there are no jobs in Canada.

What folks also need to understand is life is not like what you have heard or seen in the movies or what you perceive it to be like in North America. Unless you are a brilliant student with marketable skills, there will be a short phase of unemployment post graduation when you are looking for jobs. This phase can be shorter or longer based on your expectations of that first job, the kind of jobs you target, your own skills and experience etc. Within that time, you have to do something to make ends meet aka a part time job. So yes, an engineering degree does not entitle you to a job the day you graduate and i would not be surprised to see a engineering graduate working at McDonalds while he/ she is searching for that first job.

Heck, i graduated with a computer science degree and took me 3 months to find my first job (this was at the peak of recession) and i drove a cab for those 3 months. guess what, i made more money driving a cab than i do now and it was probably the best way of networking. There is no shame in working a menial job while you are looking for a break (Canadians actually appreciate hard work). I met so many people when driving a cab that actually told me that they appreciated people that work hard and offered to help me out in my job hunting through their industry links. I even met a big shot executive in an oil company who told me he had a hard time finding his first job after getting a business degree. so he ended up working as a labourer; pouring concrete. He related with me and asked me to email him my resume so he can shoot it off to everyone in the IT sector he knew. That's a big offer.

Hopefully this helps you step out of that bubble you have developed around you and snap out of la-la land. No job is small, expect it to be rough ride and expect to work hard.

0xFF

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Insha'ALLAH soon
Passport Req..
Insha'ALLAH soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha'ALLAH soon
LANDED..........
Insha'ALLAH soon
just_do_it said:
I would take whatever a consultant says with a grain of salt as usually they are wrong (from personal experience).

Situation in Canada is not any worse than the US (probably better since the economy did not take as big a hit as the US did). The only difference is that Canada being a demographically less populated compared to the US, work opportunities are less here than the US. So as a graduate, you would have exposure to more jobs in the US than in Canada. But that does not mean there are no jobs in Canada.

What folks also need to understand is life is not like what you have heard or seen in the movies or what you perceive it to be like in North America. Unless you are a brilliant student with marketable skills, there will be a short phase of unemployment post graduation when you are looking for jobs. This phase can be shorter or longer based on your expectations of that first job, the kind of jobs you target, your own skills and experience etc. Within that time, you have to do something to make ends meet aka a part time job. So yes, an engineering degree does not entitle you to a job the day you graduate and i would not be surprised to see a engineering graduate working at McDonalds while he/ she is searching for that first job.

Heck, i graduated with a computer science degree and took me 3 months to find my first job (this was at the peak of recession) and i drove a cab for those 3 months. guess what, i made more money driving a cab than i do now and it was probably the best way of networking. There is no shame in working a menial job while you are looking for a break (Canadians actually appreciate hard work). I met so many people when driving a cab that actually told me that they appreciated people that work hard and offered to help me out in my job hunting through their industry links. I even met a big shot executive in an oil company who told me he had a hard time finding his first job after getting a business degree. so he ended up working as a labourer; pouring concrete. He related with me and asked me to email him my resume so he can shoot it off to everyone in the IT sector he knew. That's a big offer.

Hopefully this helps you step out of that bubble you have developed around you and snap out of la-la land. No job is small, expect it to be rough ride and expect to work hard.
This is the most helpful post i read (y)

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
My Degree: Electrical & Electronics Engineering and want to apply for Manitoba overseas skilled program,

I studied the duties of NOC 2133 as given on CIC weside.

1) My duties(3.0 years exp) of Electrical Equipment/System Installation are clearly falling under NOC 2133. I don't have any doubt. I know these falls under 2133.

2) My duties(Current 1.5 years exp) in telecommunication industry as RF engineer(Duties: Operation & Maintenance of Wireless telecommunication or Radio Equipment/system like BTS, ENOD B, RRH ect)), I don't know whether these will fall under NOC 2133 or 2147? ......

Can i apply under 2133? because telecom equipment are also electronic communication equipment. because i need to get 75 poits for 4 or more years of experience.

If i apply under 2133, and lat case officer found that my current NOC is 2147, will he reject the application or advise me to put on corrent occupation?

please advise