+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Consultant giving job offer

mofo666

Jan 3, 2015
as it has been a disappointing weekend i was wrapping up my day with a pint and then suddenly an email popped up from a consultant.

Which said:
' immigrate to Canada permanently with a Job offer under New Express Entry Process under Federal Skilled Workers Program being launched from January 2015."

Now we all know when it looks too good to be true...it always is.

So...i want to know if this could be genuine ?
Are there any consultants like this around.

on one side i dont wanna believe this shhit but on other hand having sub400 score my options are limited.
So...should i check with these guys?

springchicken

Aug 29, 2014
Hi, condolences on the initial score. I think that your gut is right - if it's too good to be true, it probably is, especially when money is involved.

Any consultant who advertises that they can get you a job is usually lying. Of course there are fraud cases going on in Canada, and such cases should be reported to the Government.

What some consultants do is "supposedly" set up interviews with you but I have heard of cases where the applicant has no idea who they are dealing with. They could be "interviewing" with anyone - you just don't know.

The worst case is that one is conned out of time, emotion and money. The best case is that you get a job offer in a legitimate company. The other case is it is a fraudulent activity.

IF it is a best case, and it is legitimate, there is no reason you would have needed that consultant to find that job for you.

What is your skillset (don't need to answer me - think it through yourself)? What are possible companies? Look up Monster, Workopolis etc - look for contacts or networks.

Most Canadian employers - they are pretty conservative. Legitimate companies are probably going for legitimate means - and who is going to trust an immigration consultant? I know that I wouldn't.

EE is for skilled workers - and especially at that level - you are probably want to go legit.

Best of luck, but don't be rash in giving away your money and hope to "consultants". If you absolutely have to, check their references, ask what employers they deal with, ask for their contacts in those companies. If they act shirky, they are just dodgy.

Good luck, as I said.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Almost certainly a scam.

gss89x

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 15 2014
AOR Received.
December 05 2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
12-Jan-2016, Ecas updated 22-Jan-2016 ( Upfront)
Passport Req..
14 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 March 2016
LANDED..........
12 April 2016
I would say find a right way...do not use shortcut..in worst case if cic finds it out ..they might ban you for like 5 or 10 years and you won't be able to apply for PR..Good luck...

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
mofo666 said:
as it has been a disappointing weekend i was wrapping up my day with a pint and then suddenly an email popped up from a consultant.

Which said:
' immigrate to Canada permanently with a Job offer under New Express Entry Process under Federal Skilled Workers Program being launched from January 2015."

Now we all know when it looks too good to be true...it always is.

So...i want to know if this could be genuine ?
Are there any consultants like this around.

on one side i dont wanna believe this shhit but on other hand having sub400 score my options are limited.
So...should i check with these guys?
To be honest, the phrase you quoted doesn't even explicitly state that the consultant claims to help obtaining a job offer. He may just be offering to explain how beneficial having a job offer is. :)