+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

constraints on uploading documents on IRCC Portal

grumpycoder

Nov 13, 2021
Hi

Perhaps I am missing something obvious. On the IRCC portal, there are 6 files possible to be uploaded. 3 being mandatory.

How am i meant to compress, inviters documents, Invitee's marriage certificates, travel history, financial statements, property deed etc within a 2 MB constraint. I can see that others on the forum have managed to apply successfully. Can you please guide me how to get this done?

I have tried to compress documents but still not sure i can get all of them within 2 MB. ideas?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi

Perhaps I am missing something obvious. On the IRCC portal, there are 6 files possible to be uploaded. 3 being mandatory.

How am i meant to compress, inviters documents, Invitee's marriage certificates, travel history, financial statements, property deed etc within a 2 MB constraint. I can see that others on the forum have managed to apply successfully. Can you please guide me how to get this done?

I have tried to compress documents but still not sure i can get all of them within 2 MB. ideas?
It's a balancing game. Setup all your files to upload in 2-3 folders. Use a site like ilovepdf dot com, and compress. you can merge few docs together to upload keeping under 2mb. you may need to print / re-scan some docs at 100dpi or so, or 150dpi, play around with settings to see which is readable on screen.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi

I do understand your concern ,
I faced the same issue ,
These are some steps you can try
1- Remove unnecessary pages while do merging.
2- Reduce the Graphic DPI and take print as ex. cutepdf
3- Try to remove the documents which is not asked/Needed

I applied this above and reduced PDF size from 12 MB-->Less than 2 MB

Good Luck

engr.atif

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
QSW: 31-08-2011 , Federal: 23-03-2016
Doc's Request.
12-01-2015 (sent: 06-04-2015)
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 14-12-2016
AOR Received.
QSW: 18-10-2011 , Federal: 29-04-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with CSQ application
Med's Request
14-11-2016
Med's Done....
24-11-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Apr 2017
Hi

Use the following pdf resources

https://www.ilovepdf.com/
https://avepdf.com/hyper-compress-pdf

sventhedog

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hi

You can use MS Word's pdf feature.