+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Sponsor interview

kate61

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
FAM
I'm a Canadian citizen from birth. I did a conjugal sponsor for my mate in Albania last year. Our 12 months processing time was to be finished on Sept 13th of this year. But in June (2018) they said he will need an interview. So now of course the 12 month processing time means nothing.
We have been waiting since June for the interview but they won't give us any idea of when it will be.
Does anyone have an idea how long they make you wait? It's so frustrating. We did this application in June of 2017. It's horrific waiting and waiting with our lives on hold.
Please don't reply with your opinion only. I don't need to hear "Oh you'll never get this", it's cruel after all this time we've been waiting. They haven't said no so we still have hope.
I'm looking for someone who might actually know. I've contacted everyone including my MP office and have gotten no answers.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
I'm a Canadian citizen from birth. I did a conjugal sponsor for my mate in Albania last year. Our 12 months processing time was to be finished on Sept 13th of this year. But in June (2018) they said he will need an interview. So now of course the 12 month processing time means nothing.
We have been waiting since June for the interview but they won't give us any idea of when it will be.
Does anyone have an idea how long they make you wait? It's so frustrating. We did this application in June of 2017. It's horrific waiting and waiting with our lives on hold.
Please don't reply with your opinion only. I don't need to hear "Oh you'll never get this", it's cruel after all this time we've been waiting. They haven't said no so we still have hope.
I'm looking for someone who might actually know. I've contacted everyone including my MP office and have gotten no answers.
Sadly, I don't think anyone here would know how long it will take to get the interview. But I do think that waiting this long without one is ridiculous, and I would follow-up with CIC and with my MP, again, explaining that you've been waiting four months for the interview to be scheduled.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Everything I'm about to write isn't what you want to hear so read it at your own wish.

No one on this forum can tell you when it's going to happen.

12 months is a target for processing 80 percent of cases. Cases that are not straightforward are bound to take more. The fact that you applied for conjugal would fit into that category, whether or not you meet the requirements for conjugal (which as I am sure you know, most people don't).

I am sorry that you're stuck in a holding pattern. Have you ordered your GCMS notes? In addition I would continue to follow up as monkeys said.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I think I remember you - is yours the case where you guys haven't ever met in person?

If they told you they will be doing an interview, then they most definitely will. Are you sure there's no chance any emails went to spam or trash or just weren't seen? Have you managed to get through on the phone to see what's the holdup? Also in your case it would definitely be good to get the GCMS notes, for sure.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
In a previous thread, you said you had ordered GCMS notes in about September. Have you received them yet?

kate61

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
FAM
I think I remember you - is yours the case where you guys haven't ever met in person?

If they told you they will be doing an interview, then they most definitely will. Are you sure there's no chance any emails went to spam or trash or just weren't seen? Have you managed to get through on the phone to see what's the holdup? Also in your case it would definitely be good to get the GCMS notes, for sure.
Yes you're right it's me. I ordered the notes but didn't get them yet. No nothing in my spam folder I check everyday. I email the embassy in Rome regularly to ask when and they keep saying wait no date set yet. :(

kate61

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
FAM
Sadly, I don't think anyone here would know how long it will take to get the interview. But I do think that waiting this long without one is ridiculous, and I would follow-up with CIC and with my MP, again, explaining that you've been waiting four months for the interview to be scheduled.
Just did go to the MP last week. They couldn't get any answer from immigration either

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No one can tell how long it will be. As I said in your other thread, conjugal takes longer, so the 12 months was not likely anyways. You have an absolutely massive rad flag because you have never actually met each other. I asked some questions in your other thread that you didn't answer: What are your ages, cultures, religions, education levels?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Yes you're right it's me. I ordered the notes but didn't get them yet. No nothing in my spam folder I check everyday. I email the embassy in Rome regularly to ask when and they keep saying wait no date set yet. :(
Have you checked out other conjugal or interview related threads? I really can't give you any more advice as I personally haven't dealt with interviews nor is my app as complicated as yours. Logically, if they said there'd be an interview, then there will. You'd definitely expect at least some sort of correspondence instead of four months of silence, though.

I hope you get more info soon. When are you expecting the notes to come in?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
As others said, the 12 months is for routine processing. Anytime an interview is required, that is considered non-routine. On top of that, applying as conjugal adds to the complexity. Hence it may take awhile unfortunately.

Edit: I read some posts in the OP's other thread. There are lots of "red flags" from IRCC's perspective. This is even more complex than I thought. It will be a difficult road I'm afraid.

Last edited:

kate61

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
FAM
No one can tell how long it will be. As I said in your other thread, conjugal takes longer, so the 12 months was not likely anyways. You have an absolutely massive rad flag because you have never actually met each other. I asked some questions in your other thread that you didn't answer: What are your ages, cultures, religions, education levels?
Age is not something they are allowed to discuss. Religion? Really? How is that relevant? Rhetorical questions on my part clearly. :/

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Age is not something they are allowed to discuss. Religion? Really? How is that relevant? Rhetorical questions on my part clearly. :/
No, all of those are things that they can ask to test the validity of a relationship. The guarantees in the Charter do not necessarily apply in the context of an application for immigration.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Age is definitely relevant, so are religion, culture, all of those things.

Big age differences, religious differences, vastly different cultures, etc - it's all considered a red flag and something the officers look more closely into.

To be honest, in both of your threads you've been kind of combative and resistant towards people that are replying and just trying to help you. You have an interview coming up in a situation that has extreme red flags. So it stands to reason that you should prepare for that interview and to be able to combat any and all red flags your relationship might have. People are just trying to help you and explain how and why certain things draw the attention of immigration officers so that you could prepare.

Reactions: YVR123

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Age is definitely relevant, so are religion, culture, all of those things.

Big age differences, religious differences, vastly different cultures, etc - it's all considered a red flag and something the officers look more closely into.

To be honest, in both of your threads you've been kind of combative and resistant towards people that are replying and just trying to help you. You have an interview coming up in a situation that has extreme red flags. So it stands to reason that you should prepare for that interview and to be able to combat any and all red flags your relationship might have. People are just trying to help you and explain how and why certain things draw the attention of immigration officers so that you could prepare.
Agree to this 100 percent and very well said.