+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion: strong ties to country

B.R.

Sep 8, 2024
I have been a primary and middle school teacher in Pakistan for the past five years and quit my job in May because I wanted to earn via online tuitions and plan in some years to set up my own school focused on strong early childhood education. I decided to enroll myself in ECE 2 year diploma program in Niagara College. Both my brothers are working abroad ( one of them is an Australian national now) and my parents are settled here in their own house. I am the primary caregiver for my parents. I don't have property to my name and my bank account statement shifted from regular income in June towards freelance tuition income.

Is listing myself a primary caretaker for my parents enough to show strong ties to my country?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No. You are not under 22 and a dependant so parents are not a family tie. If you are the primary caregiver, then how can you study in Canada for 2 years. Who will care for them? Would assume they can care for themselves while you are gone so you are not their caregiver.

Family ties are spouse and children. Ties to your country are career opportunities with higher pay and advancement, business registration, income property etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: B.R.

B.R.

Sep 8, 2024
No. You are not under 22 and a dependant so parents are not a family tie. If you are the primary caregiver, then how can you study in Canada for 2 years. Who will care for them? Would assume they can care for themselves while you are gone so you are not their caregiver.

Family ties are spouse and children. Ties to your country are career opportunities with higher pay and advancement, business registration, income property etc.

Thank you for your prompt response!