+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding Level Of Education In CRS Calculation

sheoran2020

May 11, 2020
I have done Masters degree of 2 years from an DLI institute and I had a B-tech Degree from india for which I have ECA as equivalent bachelor's degree. Now, when calculating CRS, should I put Highest Education as Masters and Canadian Education exp as Masters degree OR due to ECA, in the highest Education field it will be Bachelors and Masters will be considered as Canadian Education Only ??

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I have done Masters degree of 2 years from an DLI institute and I had a B-tech Degree from india for which I have ECA as equivalent bachelor's degree. Now, when calculating CRS, should I put Highest Education as Masters and Canadian Education exp as Masters degree OR due to ECA, in the highest Education field it will be Bachelors and Masters will be considered as Canadian Education Only ??
You only put the education that has been evaluated, or completed in Canada. If you did your Masters in Canada, then that’s what you put as highest education. However if from abroad, then put your Bachelor’s which you already did ECA.

Stu234

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I have this similar confusion, I completed MSc in Canada and also have a bachelors from India. Do I still need to submit ECA for bachelor's degree when my highest education is completed in Canada?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I have this similar confusion, I completed MSc in Canada and also have a bachelors from India. Do I still need to submit ECA for bachelor's degree when my highest education is completed in Canada?
No....
ECA is for the highest degree achieved till date.

Reactions: Stu234

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Since your MSc was in Canada, you can claim points for your highest education without needing to do ECA. Your Bachelors from abroad is irrelevant (no need for ECA).

Reactions: Stu234 and Taran D