+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding job responsibilities/duties | NOC 20012

ShipMuk

May 17, 2024
Hi, I am on a closed work permit here on NOC 20012. I have completed one year of employment in Canada and was deliberating applying for PR under OINP (my age is 40+ and my CRS score is 460ish therefore trying an alternative route as opposed to EE). In order to get the paperwork ready, I asked my company to provide me the the job description they had used when applying for my work permit (please note that my company handled the work permit process for me), and upon receiving the same, I shared it with the immigration consultant that I am planning to work with for my PR. This consultant informed me that my duties do not align perfectly with 20012 and that I should think about asking the company to change my NOC to 10019. I am in a fix now, while my job duties don't align with 20012, this new NOC 10019 also has never been invited under OINP. What are my options here? Should I just go ahead with the existing NOC? Well, the IRCC approved my work permit basis that NOC and duties provided to them (I do appreciate that OINP would be stricter in matching the duties to the NOC though). OR get my company to provide me with the proper job duties (I don't know which moron in HR wrote the first one!) that aligns with the NOC as well as what I am actually doing at this company? Will the company need to send it to IRCC with the revision? I'm just too confused as to what route I should take and any help would be most appreciate?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I am on a closed work permit here on NOC 20012. I have completed one year of employment in Canada and was deliberating applying for PR under OINP (my age is 40+ and my CRS score is 460ish therefore trying an alternative route as opposed to EE). In order to get the paperwork ready, I asked my company to provide me the the job description they had used when applying for my work permit (please note that my company handled the work permit process for me), and upon receiving the same, I shared it with the immigration consultant that I am planning to work with for my PR. This consultant informed me that my duties do not align perfectly with 20012 and that I should think about asking the company to change my NOC to 10019. I am in a fix now, while my job duties don't align with 20012, this new NOC 10019 also has never been invited under OINP. What are my options here? Should I just go ahead with the existing NOC? Well, the IRCC approved my work permit basis that NOC and duties provided to them (I do appreciate that OINP would be stricter in matching the duties to the NOC though). OR get my company to provide me with the proper job duties (I don't know which moron in HR wrote the first one!) that aligns with the NOC as well as what I am actually doing at this company? Will the company need to send it to IRCC with the revision? I'm just too confused as to what route I should take and any help would be most appreciate?
If you are on a LMIA permit then your company would have to file paperwork to change the NOC on your LMIA with justifications on why. Your job duties should align with the NOC. For OINP, is employer willing to support your nomination, what is your OINP score and has NOC/score been selected?

ShipMuk

May 17, 2024
Well, I don't want a change of NOC because 10019 doesn't help me the way 20012 does. But the challenge is that my job duties on the paper do not align with NOC 20012 as well what I do in the company. My role has changed recently (under the same NOC 20012), does the company need to inform the IRCC of the role change as well as the new set of job duties, my role still falls under 20012