+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion in NOC selection

Asad Bashir

Jan 30, 2023
Hi ! Guys. I need guidance in selecting my NOC in Express Entry profile. The thing is my EE profile has already been created and now I'm thinking of changing my NOC. But I have a confusion.

I'm an Electrical & Electronics Engineer so generally speaking my NOC should be 21310 because it's job description matches a lot (90%) with my degree. However, there is also an NOC - 21311 whose few job description points matches with mine. For Example, I have experience designing circuit boards and programming microcontrollers. Now, these 2 descriptions fall in both NOCs. But the rest of job descriptions of NOC-21311 are completely irrelevant to mine.

So, now I'm confused whether I should change my NOC from 21310 to 21311 because it seems that Ontario's PNP is looking for 21311. (Point to add: Both NOCs require Electrical/Electronics Engineer degree but 21311 also adds Computer Engineer degree.)

Kindly, can anyone guide me.

Thanks & Regards.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi ! Guys. I need guidance in selecting my NOC in Express Entry profile. The thing is my EE profile has already been created and now I'm thinking of changing my NOC. But I have a confusion.

I'm an Electrical & Electronics Engineer so generally speaking my NOC should be 21310 because it's job description matches a lot (90%) with my degree. However, there is also an NOC - 21311 whose few job description points matches with mine. For Example, I have experience designing circuit boards and programming microcontrollers. Now, these 2 descriptions fall in both NOCs. But the rest of job descriptions of NOC-21311 are completely irrelevant to mine.

So, now I'm confused whether I should change my NOC from 21310 to 21311 because it seems that Ontario's PNP is looking for 21311. (Point to add: Both NOCs require Electrical/Electronics Engineer degree but 21311 also adds Computer Engineer degree.)

Kindly, can anyone guide me.

Thanks & Regards.
You want your the NOC to match at least 70% to your job responsibilities. So 21311 doesn’t seem relevant.