+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion “You must create a separate file for each period of employment”

david229

Sep 23, 2019
Below is the text about Document: Employment Records.

"You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
  • be an official document printed on company letterhead
  • include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
  • show all positions held while employed at the company
  • include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)"

How do you understand the highlighted one? For example, I have been at company A for a few years. I was promoted from data engineer I to data engineer II to data engineer III.
For the same company, the same position, three different title because of promotion, how many reference letter do I need? 3 letters for each period or just 1 letter for three periods?

Thanks.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
One letter is enough. The letter needs to talk about all your roles, the salaries, and hours worked.

bubblycoke

Dec 18, 2023
Hi there,
I have a related question. Do I need to include the Co-op job in the same company where I do the full-time job? I'm claiming the full-time job at this company for the CRS points.