+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused in responses from Forum members for Foreign Work Experince and Express Entry

karthik1991

Jan 24, 2016
Hello All,

Earlier I had a post in the forum to ask if I will get points for Work Experience I gathered in India because I worked from Jul 31, 2012 to Jul 24, 2013 , less than one year and all the one reply I got was it doesn't count. Now when I created the profile, it only asks which month and year I worked in that job. So it is Jul2012 - Jul 2013 and it is awarding points for that as Foreign work experience along with my English score. I just wanted to know if things changed recently regarding this since earlier the response was it does not count for less than 1 year. Is it because of the new system that English score and Job is tied up I am getting the points?

Also, my NOC code for the job I worked from Jul2012- JUly2013 in India is different (2282) from NOC Code in Canada (2174). They fall under A and B classes respectively. Should the NOC code in Canada be same as the NOC Code from India? When I create the profile, it does not give me that condition. It just asks for the NOC code for the job in India and in Canada.

Thanks,
Karthik

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
EE system works like that, only months and years.. but once an agent/officer will review the actual dates from your employment/reference letter, your file will be rejected (if it doesn't fulfill the requirement of a minimum of one year skilled work experience).

Skilled work experience from multiple NOCs can be used to claim points, but at least one has to meet the minimum requirement.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
EE system works like that, only months and years.. but once an agent/officer will review the actual dates from your employment/reference letter, your file will be rejected (if it doesn't fulfill the requirement of a minimum of one year skilled work experience).

Skilled work experience from multiple NOCs can be used to claim points, but at least one has to meet the minimum requirement.
I wonder if that is really the case though. They could've easily asked for days just like in address or travel history.

karthik1991

Jan 24, 2016
Thank you Que Em, but how do I create my profile then? I do not have control over whether it should consider the points for Jul - Jul. I can only enter the actual months I worked.

karthik1991

Jan 24, 2016
It doesn't ask for Dates too. So I cant enter August to July so it doesn't consider me under FSW and considers me only under CEC. I should not leave that work history from Express Entry profile right? Or can I just delete that work history for Express Entry?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
I wonder if that is really the case though. They could've easily asked for days just like in address or travel history.
I think, I have seen a few cases rejected based on this, reported here in the forum.
It doesn't ask for Dates too. So I cant enter August to July so it doesn't consider me under FSW and considers me only under CEC. I should not leave that work history from Express Entry profile right? Or can I just delete that work history for Express Entry?
What's your complete work history [for claiming points]?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
If you are applying as a Federal skilled worker, please review these minimum requirements:

"Minimum work experience requirement
The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of 'continuous' full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011 [R75(2)(a)].

The applicant’s skilled work experience must also

• have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
  • not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.
Note: At the time of publication, no occupations were designated as restricted.

In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].
Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Federal skilled workers: Assessing applications against minimum requirements

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Calculating work experience for FSW
Work experience can be calculated by:
  • adding up the number of continuous weeks of full-time (or equivalent in part-time) paid work (i.e., 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in one full-time job, a combined total of at least 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in more than one part-time job,
  • 15 hours per week in one part-time job over a period of two years, etc) in one or more skilled occupations at Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations), Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of NOC 2011.
Note: Work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours of paid work over a period of one week cannot compensate for less than one year of full-time work experience.

Here, check R75(2)(a):
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-75.html

Last edited:

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Your job in Canada, is that over a year ? If so that's the reason EE will not give you any issue and will calculate points for experience. However as suggested by someone here, your points will be calculated during processing again and if the cumulative work exp does not fetch you enough points they can cancel/ reject your application.

Hello All,

Earlier I had a post in the forum to ask if I will get points for Work Experience I gathered in India because I worked from Jul 31, 2012 to Jul 24, 2013 , less than one year and all the one reply I got was it doesn't count. Now when I created the profile, it only asks which month and year I worked in that job. So it is Jul2012 - Jul 2013 and it is awarding points for that as Foreign work experience along with my English score. I just wanted to know if things changed recently regarding this since earlier the response was it does not count for less than 1 year. Is it because of the new system that English score and Job is tied up I am getting the points?

Also, my NOC code for the job I worked from Jul2012- JUly2013 in India is different (2282) from NOC Code in Canada (2174). They fall under A and B classes respectively. Should the NOC code in Canada be same as the NOC Code from India? When I create the profile, it does not give me that condition. It just asks for the NOC code for the job in India and in Canada.

Thanks,
Karthik

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Your job in Canada, is that over a year ? If so that's the reason EE will not give you any issue and will calculate points for experience. However as suggested by someone here, your points will be calculated during processing again and if the cumulative work exp does not fetch you enough points they can cancel/ reject your application.
U must be meeting CEC rather than FSW

karthik1991

Jan 24, 2016
Thank you for your replies

Yes since I did my Masters degree in Canada and have more than 1 year experience here I get 474 points. With Indian experience I would get 512. But I removed the Indian experience from EE so I have 474 now. Hope I will get the invitation in the next draw

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Thank you for your replies

Yes since I did my Masters degree in Canada and have more than 1 year experience here I get 474 points. With Indian experience I would get 512. But I removed the Indian experience from EE so I have 474 now. Hope I will get the invitation in the next draw
No issues then. You meet minimum work experience requirement of at least one year, and have a very decent score to secure an ITA in the next round. :)
No need to remove your Indian work experience.
Good luck!

karthik1991

Jan 24, 2016
@Que Em Thanks!

One more question. In terms of experience in Canada, I worked 2 jobs. The first job was for 10 months, 2nd and current job is more than 1 year. Both are NOC 2174. Can I ignore the first job in my EE profile since my previous manager gave a letter with wrong name and is not willing to fix it.

I will still be called under CEC since my 2nd and current job is more than one year (I started April 2016 in the current job)?

After receiving ITA I can fill it in personal details correct?

My points still stays the same at 474 if I remove the first job in Canada. This wont be considered misrepresentation correct??

Thanks,
Karthik

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
No problem. If it doesn't affect your points, you can move it to your personal history and no need to provide a reference letter.

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Hi experts. If someone could help, please!

I have worked 25 months as part time Accountant which falls in NOC 1111. The FSW requirement says it to be continuous for at least 24months. In these 25 months experience, July 2015 to July 2017, I took 6 weeks paid annual leave for my sister's wedding around february 2016 and came back after 1.5 months and continued again till now. I worked more than 20 hours during my uni holiday and annual leave accumulated to 6 weeks annual leave which I took.

Will it conclude to 25 months of paid part time work experience?

Please help!