+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused in few questions of application after ITA- Please help

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

Need your help. @ Asivand Anac. Please reply if you can.

I received ITA on 11th July with 467 points. I am married and applying with my spouse. So while filling up forms in the application, I came up with few question, these are as below, if anybody could answer, that will be a great help.

1) Do I have to mention My family members details who have not been identified in the application like parents and sister, I hope this will not create any issues like in medical I don't have to get them assessed ? Though spouse is already there in the application as a co-applicant.

2) Question related to Last 10 years addresses . Do I need to enter all addresses where I lived even for 3 months ? I am asking this because I don't have any proof for couple of places where I lived for few months to show that I lived there.

3) Do I need to mention 10th(Secondary) and 12th(senior secondary) class education. I had mentioned my Graduation and Post Graduation for which I have WES Assessment results and Do I have to upload Secondary and Senior Secondary docs ?

4) There is a question which ask If I have received a nomination certificate from a province or territory? I had received PNP from Ontorio but didnt accepted it as I was expecting the independent ITA and received it on 11th July. What shall I answer here ?

5) In Personal history where we need to provide activity details for the past 10 years.
I was studying from 2002 Aug-2005 April- Graduation and then after 2 months of gap again started studying in Post graduation i.e from 2005 August to 2008 May. Then from 2008 september to till today
doing job. So Do I need to mention what I was doing for couple of months of gap between Graduation to Post Graduation and Post Graduation to my first job?

6) Are there any documents which I need to get notorized and then upload ? I have all coloured scanned of my educational certificates. Is there any thing else that I should take care of here ?

7) Personal activities section has already picked up my educational and work history. Do I still to enter here my last 10 years activity details which again will include same educational and work history + few months of gaps ?

8 ) I got ECA done in 2014. Is that be a problem if I use it in Express Entry. I hope it would be valid here in EE.

9) My workEx/reference letter from employer doesn't mention working hours per week but only mention full time employee. Will that be a problem ? I hope full time means Permanent Employee.

10) My spouse had been refused B1 VISA(US) previously i.e business visa so while answering I got confused for below 2 questions. Do I have to mention YES for both ?
10.1) Have you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa
(including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or
visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

10.2) Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other
country?:

If I select YES, Does this ask to enter further information about the refusal ? I am asking because of slow internet the next sections were not loading so not sure.

11) There are two fees that needs to be paid one is processing and other is Right to PR Fee. I selected to pay both while starting the application. I don't see the option of selecting it again to processing fee only. IS this fee refundable in case of rejection ?

Thanks
Silvi

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silvi6 said:
Hi Guys,

Need your help. @ Asivand Anac. Please reply if you can.

I received ITA on 11th July with 467 points. I am married and applying with my spouse. So while filling up forms in the application, I came up with few question, these are as below, if anybody could answer, that will be a great help.

1) Do I have to mention My family members details who have not been identified in the application like parents and sister, I hope this will not create any issues like in medical I don't have to get them assessed ? Though spouse is already there in the application as a co-applicant.

You will be prompted for their details but you don't need to get Medicals done for anyone except yourself, your spouse and dependent children.

2) Question related to Last 10 years addresses . Do I need to enter all addresses where I lived even for 3 months ? I am asking this because I don't have any proof for couple of places where I lived for few months to show that I lived there.

One line item for each city and country you have lived in would suffice. If you've lived in a city for 3 years in a row but across 4 residences, just mark that as a single stay in that city and that would be 1 line item in your personal history.

3) Do I need to mention 10th(Secondary) and 12th(senior secondary) class education. I had mentioned my Graduation and Post Graduation for which I have WES Assessment results and Do I have to upload Secondary and Senior Secondary docs ?

Not needed.

4) There is a question which ask If I have received a nomination certificate from a province or territory? I had received PNP from Ontorio but didnt accepted it as I was expecting the independent ITA and received it on 11th July. What shall I answer here ?

Did you receive nomination or invitation? If it was the PT mail in your MyCIC profile, that is an invite so answer No here.

5) In Personal history where we need to provide activity details for the past 10 years.
I was studying from 2002 Aug-2005 April- Graduation and then after 2 months of gap again started studying in Post graduation i.e from 2005 August to 2008 May. Then from 2008 september to till today
doing job. So Do I need to mention what I was doing for couple of months of gap between Graduation to Post Graduation and Post Graduation to my first job?

Yes. Input this sequence as Education, Unemployed, Education, Unemployed, Employed. Note that the system counts month to month so make sure you aren't leaving any gaps there.

6) Are there any documents which I need to get notorized and then upload ? I have all coloured scanned of my educational certificates. Is there any thing else that I should take care of here ?

They typically ask you to upload ECA and degree certificates only. Nothing else is needed.

7) Personal activities section has already picked up my educational and work history. Do I still to enter here my last 10 years activity details which again will include same educational and work history + few months of gaps ?

If something is already picked up, check and confirm the time period and enter the remaining blanks in your personal history from the time you turned 18 till date. When you're done, your personal history should be complete to the month granularity for the entire period since you turned 18 till date.

8 ) I got ECA done in 2014. Is that be a problem if I use it in Express Entry. I hope it would be valid here in EE.

It is valid.

9) My workEx/reference letter from employer doesn't mention working hours per week but only mention full time employee. Will that be a problem ? I hope full time means Permanent Employee.

Full time and permanent employee are different things. Full time does mean working hours/week need not be mentioned. And you don't need to worry about the word 'permanent' missing in your reference letter. That is a mandatory requirement only in LMIA offer letters.

10) My spouse had been refused B1 VISA(US) previously i.e business visa so while answering I got confused for below 2 questions. Do I have to mention YES for both ?
10.1) Have you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa
(including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or

10.2) Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other
country?:

If I select YES, Does this ask to enter further information about the refusal ? I am asking because of slow internet the next sections were not loading so not sure.

Answer truthfully. Being rejected elsewhere doesn't negatively impact your PR application. If they ask for further details or clarifications now or later, answer those truthfully as well.

11) There are two fees that needs to be paid one is processing and other is Right to PR Fee. I selected to pay both while starting the application. I don't see the option of selecting it again to processing fee only. IS this fee refundable in case of rejection ?

Yes. RPRF is refunded in the case of rejection.

Thanks
Silvi

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot @Asivad Anac. You are helping a lot :)

Just few more clarifications needed.

Did you receive nomination or invitation? If it was the PT mail in your MyCIC profile, that is an invite so answer No here. -- I received a Interest letter on the very next day of profile submission. Which lot many people gets.
So I will answer 'No' here. right ?

They typically ask you to upload ECA and degree certificates only. Nothing else is needed. - I got this. But do I need to get these certificates Notorized ?

country?:

Answer truthfully. Being rejected elsewhere doesn't negatively impact your PR application. If they ask for further details or clarifications now or later, answer those truthfully as well.
So I will need to Answer 'YES' for 10.2 only and not for 10.1. Am I right ?

Yes. RPRF is refunded in the case of rejection. . What about processing fee ? They don't return that ? Can I change the selection I made whether I want to pay RPRF along with processing fee while submitting the application ?

Thanks
Silvi

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silvi6 said:
Thanks a lot @ Asivad Anac. You are helping a lot :)

Just few more clarifications needed.

Did you receive nomination or invitation? If it was the PT mail in your MyCIC profile, that is an invite so answer No here. -- I received a Interest letter on the very next day of profile submission. Which lot many people gets.
So I will answer 'No' here. right ?

Yes.

They typically ask you to upload ECA and degree certificates only. Nothing else is needed. - I got this. But do I need to get these certificates Notorized ?

Not required.

country?:

So I will need to Answer 'YES' for 10.2 only and not for 10.1. Am I right ?

Yes.

Yes. RPRF is refunded in the case of rejection. . What about processing fee ? They don't return that ? Can I change the selection I made whether I want to pay RPRF along with processing fee while submitting the application ?

Yes. I did not try making this but other members have confirmed that this is possible.

Thanks
Silvi

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Asivad,

One more question :

Its about Reference Letter. Though I have all the required reference letters from my previous and current employer. But my spouse doesnt have reference letter from the current employer. Though he can produce a simple one letter from the employer which will just mention that he is an employee of the company. Will that be a problem ?

Thanks
Silvi

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silvi6 said:
Hi Asivad,

One more question :

Its about Reference Letter. Though I have all the required reference letters from my previous and current employer. But my spouse doesnt have reference letter from the current employer. Though he can produce a simple one letter from the employer which will just mention that he is an employee of the company. Will that be a problem ?

Your spouse needs a reference letter only if you're claiming points for their Canadian work experience.

Thanks
Silvi

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Asivad, I am claiming points for spouse in the application. We have done WES/IELTS for both and have same experience. But we are not claiming any Canadian Work Experience as none of us have been outside of India ever.

Thanks Silvi

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silvi6 said:
Hi Asivad, I am claiming points for spouse in the application. We have done WES/IELTS for both and have same experience. But we are not claiming any Canadian Work Experience as none of us have been outside of India ever.

Thanks Silvi
Spouse work experience can gain you 10 CRS points only if it is Canadian experience. If it isn't, no point in claiming it or providing reference letters for the same.

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thanks Asivad. Actually I didn't see for what all things I got the points. I started the application provided all true information. My points came out to be 467.

Thanks
Silvi

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Asivad Anac said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

Check this to see how you reached 467 and provide documents accordingly.
Here is my point distribution, I hope its correct

Overall Score 467

CRS - Human Capital - Age 90 (Age : 31)
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 126 (Post Graduate)
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 125(IELTS : 8,8,8,7.5)
CRS - Spouse - Level of Education 10 (Post Graduate)
CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency 16 (IELTS : 8, 8, 6, 6.5)
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 50
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 50 (6+ Years of experience in India)

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
And I Hope $15000 would be sufficient to show as Proof of Funds for a couple applying for PR. Right ?

Thanks
Silvi

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
Silvi6 said:
And I Hope $15000 would be sufficient to show as Proof of Funds for a couple applying for PR. Right ?

Thanks
Silvi
here is a link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
$15000 is good enough based on that