+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused! Fund Requirement- CEC Candidates

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Hi all,
I am currently working in Canada under PGWP, and planning to apply EE- CEC.
I have read most of the threads about proof of fund for CEC and asked many people but am getting different answers, so want to clarify with experts.

When I create EE profile, I am asked to put in numbers for the amount of fund to bring to Canada.
Am I correct that I can put whatever amount that I can prove? some people and one immigration consultant I went to said that I need to prove min. 12k balance for the past 6 months unless I have LMIA. If this is true, I will def have to delay my application to keep the fund for 6 months :(

To my understanding, after ITA, I need to provide bank statements to prove whatever fund I put in my profile and it should be fine, lets just say $2000?

Anyone who knows about this for sure and What number did everyone put under the question?
Your answer is much appreciated...

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
If you're already living in Canada you don't need to show proof of $12k. I am in Canada and I put my funds down as $3k and I was accepted into the the pool having met the CEC requirements

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Conor9900 said:
If you're already living in Canada you don't need to show proof of $12k. I am in Canada and I put my funds down as $3k and I was accepted into the the pool having met the CEC requirements
That clarifies everything! Thanks so much for your answer! :)
So the consultant was absolutely wrong.

jasmine4u

Dec 17, 2014
I'm also in the same condition as you. I initially put my annual salary. But I called cic and was told I need to show $12000.
I'm qualify for cec and fsw, I'm confused on what to put down.
I don't have that amount of money.

fat_penguin

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
To my best understanding:

CEC - you don't need to show any funds if you are in Canada. You will still be eligible if you put down $0.

FSW - you will have to show liquid funds (ie. not salary... Cash money in your chequing/savings account that you can access and withdraw from an ATM at any given time) unless you have an LMIA-backed job in Canada.

My interpretation is different from yours on one subject though. You don't necessarily need to have had that total amount in your account in the past 6 months. I believe the letter that you need to get from the bank must prove that "your account was in a good standing in the past 6 months" and that your current collective balance in all accounts is higher than the required funds.

fonteynb

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
I'm also in CEC EE.

I put 0$ since I'm already here for almost 2 years and working on a workpermit.
My profile was approved and I got ITA. In the checklist of docs to upload there is no mention about funds

jasmine4u

Dec 17, 2014
fonteynb said:
I'm also in CEC EE.

I put 0$ since I'm already here for almost 2 years and working on a workpermit.
My profile was approved and I got ITA. In the checklist of docs to upload there is no mention about funds
@fonteynb, did you have lmia?

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
jasmine4u said:
I'm also in the same condition as you. I initially put my annual salary. But I called cic and was told I need to show $12000.
:S Ok so I am back to confusion if CIC told that we need to show 12k for CEC.
Did you tell them you are applying for CEC??

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ee2015 said:
:S Ok so I am back to confusion if CIC told that we need to show 12k for CEC.
Did you tell them you are applying for CEC??
No need funds if you are cec applicant .. they might be thinking that you belongs to FSW.. Are you clear with them ?

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

source

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

all the best

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
krishna19 said:
No need funds if you are cec applicant .. they might be thinking that you belongs to FSW.. Are you clear with them ?

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

source

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

all the best
that condition applies to FSW only?

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ee2015 said:
that condition applies to FSW only?

rather than CEC or FSW lets think like this "If you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada there is no need of funds..

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
krishna19 said:
rather than CEC or FSW lets think like this "If you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada there is no need of funds..
Oh then you are saying only LMIA holders are exempt from the minimum fund requirements

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
jasmine4u said:
I guess I will try with whatever amount I have in my account first, and see if I am eligible under CEC. If I am eligible and accepted to the pool, it means it's fine and have to only prove what I have.

Fingers crossed...!

bud_weiser

Jan 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Jan
Doc's Request.
22 Feb
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
22 Feb
IELTS Request
Submitted EE upload
File Transfer...
1 may
Med's Request
20 February done and submitted by doctors
Med's Done....
21 May Changed Mycic
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
4 June, passports sent 5 june
VISA ISSUED...
10 June
LANDED..........
applied from within Canada landed 20 June 2015
ee2015 said:
Oh then you are saying only LMIA holders are exempt from the minimum fund requirements
No thats not what he is saying what he is saying is its up to CIC to accept your Canadian wages or ask for proof of funds. Look at it this way if you earn $800 per month and you apply for CEC with 6 dependents it makes no sense to say I work in Canada therefore I am exempt. You will then be asked to proof funds that you can support yourself and dependants and not live off social grants. If you single yeh sure no need for proof as you can support yourself. However that said you can not claim to be single get PR and then tell CIC you have a wife and 9 kids to sponser that will not work.

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
bud_weiser said:
No thats not what he is saying what he is saying is its up to CIC to accept your Canadian wages or ask for proof of funds. Look at it this way if you earn $800 per month and you apply for CEC with 6 dependents it makes no sense to say I work in Canada therefore I am exempt. You will then be asked to proof funds that you can support yourself and dependants and not live off social grants. If you single yeh sure no need for proof as you can support yourself. However that said you can not claim to be single get PR and then tell CIC you have a wife and 9 kids to sponser that will not work.
Lol I don't understand how what he said was interpreted in a way you said, but when I said 12K minimum in my initial post, of course it means single, because that's the minimum requirement for 1 member under FSW for sure. I am talking about if a single PGWP holder preparing for CEC will have to prove min. 12k, not talking about if it is okay to put $1000 when you have 6 dependents.