+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about what forms I need (as the sponsor)

drahkur

Jan 2, 2016
So in the sponsor checklist and documents required, it gives a pretty clear list of what I need. However, when looking at the instruction guide for the sponsee, some forms (such as IMM5406 and 5669 - additional family info and schedule A background) say in the instructions that

"Who must fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

you, the principal applicant;
your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
your dependent children aged 18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not)."

Implying that I need to fill these out too, however nowhere in my documents checklist does it say that I need them. I am really confused now.

Thanks for the help.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
drahkur said:
So in the sponsor checklist and documents required, it gives a pretty clear list of what I need. However, when looking at the instruction guide for the sponsee, some forms (such as IMM5406 and 5669 - additional family info and schedule A background) say in the instructions that

"Who must fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

you, the principal applicant;
your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
your dependent children aged 18 years or older (whether accompanying you to Canada or not)."

Implying that I need to fill these out too, however nowhere in my documents checklist does it say that I need them. I am really confused now.

Thanks for the help.
No, you don't need those. It can be confusing because you are the 'spouse' or the 'common law' partner, but those are only in reference to those immigrating via a different stream where they wouldn't have an actual sponsor. Your portion is ONLY what is included in the sponsors package. Your hubby will only fill out the forms in the applications portion.

drahkur

Jan 2, 2016
Alurra71 said:
No, you don't need those. It can be confusing because you are the 'spouse' or the 'common law' partner, but those are only in reference to those immigrating via a different stream where they wouldn't have an actual sponsor. Your portion is ONLY what is included in the sponsors package. Your hubby will only fill out the forms in the applications portion.
Fantastic, thank you very much :)