+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of Permanent Residence - Destination

EsLmQcErD

Jul 14, 2015
Hey guys,

I have just received my Confirmation of Permanent Residence, but it says that my destination city is Calgary, AB. I don't know how they decided that, but I intend to settle in Ottawa, ON, and probably will fly to Montreal, QC as there's not many international flights to Ottawa. Will they ask me when I land why I'm not landing in Calgary, and why I don't have an onwards to Calgary? If so, should I get in touch with the Embassy and ask them to re-issue the CPR?

Thanks!

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
EsLmQcErD said:
Hey guys,

I have just received my Confirmation of Permanent Residence, but it says that my destination city is Calgary, AB. I don't know how they decided that, but I intend to settle in Ottawa, ON, and probably will fly to Montreal, QC as there's not many international flights to Ottawa. Will they ask me when I land why I'm not landing in Calgary, and why I don't have an onwards to Calgary? If so, should I get in touch with the Embassy and ask them to re-issue the CPR?

Thanks!
You are ok, they won't ask

HarrySingh

Jan 2, 2013
they will not ask anything about your destination city as long as it is outside of Quebec. I suggest you to give a serious thought about your travel plans to make landing to Canadian soil via Quebec. do your research , if possible avoid landing in Quebec Province as your port of landing.
you can always land in Toronto.

3dgrinder

Feb 3, 2015
HarrySingh said:
they will not ask anything about your destination city as long as it is outside of Quebec. I suggest you to give a serious thought about your travel plans to make landing to Canadian soil via Quebec. do your research , if possible avoid landing in Quebec Province as your port of landing.
you can always land in Toronto.
absolutely right! Working in Quebec now as a temporary work permit holder and my officer lawyer mentioned it exactly it! If you want to live in Quebec then you should land in Quebec, otherwise stay away from it!