+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation about Green Card Holder Visiting to Canada for 10 days..

kokopoknat

May 12, 2011
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a US Green Card Holder (Immigrant) and I am planing to go and visit someone in Canada and stay there for just a month or less. my question is. I only have a green card, passport, SSN as Identification Cards. Can I go to Canada using any of my 3 ID's? I don't have California ID or Drivers license yet... another thing is would I be able to enter or go back in here US without any problems?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
YOur passport together with your green card would be sufficient IDs.

kokopoknat said:
I am a US Green Card Holder (Immigrant) and I am planing to go and visit someone in Canada and stay there for just a month or less. my question is. I only have a green card, passport, SSN as Identification Cards. Can I go to Canada using any of my 3 ID's? I don't have California ID or Drivers license yet... another thing is would I be able to enter or go back in here US without any problems?

kokopoknat

May 12, 2011
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
YOur passport together with your green card would be sufficient IDs.

Hi. Thanks For the Responce. another thing is, Can I re enter States without Having any problems?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the most important question is what kind of passport do you have? and are you from a visa exempt country?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Visitor Visa Exemptions

Many people do not require a visa to visit Canada. These include:

citizens of Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (National Passport holders only), Italy, Japan, Korea (Republic of), Latvia (Republic of), Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Slovenia, Switzerland, United States, and Western Samoa;
persons lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence who are in possession of their alien registration card (Green card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence;
British citizens and British Overseas Citizens who are re-admissible to the United Kingdom;
citizens of British dependent territories who derive their citizenship through birth, descent, registration or naturalization in one of the British dependent territories of Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn, St. Helena or the Turks and Caicos Islands;
persons holding a British National (Overseas) Passport issued by the Government of the United Kingdom to persons born, naturalized or registered in Hong Kong;
persons holding a valid and subsisting Special Administrative Region passport issued by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China;
persons holding passports or travel documents issued by the Holy See;
persons holding an ordinary passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that includes their personal identification number.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

newtone said:
I think the most important question is what kind of passport do you have? and are you from a visa exempt country?

kokopoknat

May 12, 2011
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtone said:
I have a Philippine Passport, I am a PR here in U.S.A i just came here last year.
my question is can i re enter back in USA without having any problems?

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
See above post.

You're a green card holder so of course you'll have no issues entering the States from a short vacation.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You should not be having problems re-entering considering you're only out of the US for 10 days.

kokopoknat said:
I have a Philippine Passport, I am a PR here in U.S.A i just came here last year.
my question is can i re enter back in USA without having any problems?