+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conference attendance closed while visa still processing

LEOkoror

Aug 14, 2024
Please I need information. I was supposed to attend a conference which is now over while my visa is still processing, however I have received funding from my institution so I got another conference where my paper was also accepted for presentation. Now I want to submit documents for my new conference so as to help my visa application. How do I submit the documents for the new conference while visa is still processing

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please I need information. I was supposed to attend a conference which is now over while my visa is still processing, however I have received funding from my institution so I got another conference where my paper was also accepted for presentation. Now I want to submit documents for my new conference so as to help my visa application. How do I submit the documents for the new conference while visa is still processing
What is your citizenship? Do you live there? Have you attended similar conferences in other countries? Would be pretty unusual to have 2 opportunities to present your paper twice in Canada within one year especially if you are not from a few select countries including Canada. People think that attending a conference is an easy way to get a TRV but it isn’t.

LEOkoror

Aug 14, 2024
I am replying this post because of what a lot of people think everyone wants reasons to migrate to Canada but there are a few people who are so in love with their home country and will never think of migrating especially illegally. I am a professor of virology, I am a consultant to World Health Organization, United Nations support Office in Somalia and other international organizations. I have attended countless of conference all over the world. I am a professor with over 20 years experience. At my age and reputation I cannot live in another country illegally. This year alone I have over 5 conference invitations in Canada alone and several all over the world. I am currently in United States of America where I presented my paper at a conference and I also have a valid American visa. I am an international scholar known worldwide in my field and I am proudly Nigerian. I have been to over 15 countries of the world but no place like home. I find it difficult to stay outside my country for more than 3 months.

Daka1989

Star Member
Aug 7, 2024
What is your citizenship? Do you live there? Have you attended similar conferences in other countries? Would be pretty unusual to have 2 opportunities to present your paper twice in Canada within one year especially if you are not from a few select countries including Canada. People think that attending a conference is an easy way to get a TRV but it isn’t.
Canuck do you think PP will win on October 2025???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am replying this post because of what a lot of people think everyone wants reasons to migrate to Canada but there are a few people who are so in love with their home country and will never think of migrating especially illegally. I am a professor of virology, I am a consultant to World Health Organization, United Nations support Office in Somalia and other international organizations. I have attended countless of conference all over the world. I am a professor with over 20 years experience. At my age and reputation I cannot live in another country illegally. This year alone I have over 5 conference invitations in Canada alone and several all over the world. I am currently in United States of America where I presented my paper at a conference and I also have a valid American visa. I am an international scholar known worldwide in my field and I am proudly Nigerian. I have been to over 15 countries of the world but no place like home. I find it difficult to stay outside my country for more than 3 months.
Then you likely have a good chance of approval. Would update your file via webform on IRCac site and attach new conference details.