+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conditional job offer valid for BC PNP?

Ahmisht

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
I know that for the British Columbia PNP, the job offer does not need to be supported by LMIA.

I am wondering if the job offer can be conditional? My employer said they can give me a job offer (without LMIA) with a condition that my current job (with an end date - because I am on PGWP) will be converted to a permanent (indeterminate) job once I get my PR. So basically, they will be saying in the letter that my temporary position will be made permanent and indeterminate once I get my PR.

Will such a conditional job offer be valid for PNP?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I know that for the British Columbia PNP, the job offer does not need to be supported by LMIA.

I am wondering if the job offer can be conditional? My employer said they can give me a job offer (without LMIA) with a condition that my current job (with an end date - because I am on PGWP) will be converted to a permanent (indeterminate) job once I get my PR. So basically, they will be saying in the letter that my temporary position will be made permanent and indeterminate once I get my PR.

Will such a conditional job offer be valid for PNP?
I don't think that will work. The job offer needs to be indeterminate, full stop.

Ahmisht

Star Member
Aug 14, 2021
I don't think that will work. The job offer needs to be indeterminate, full stop.
This is what I don't understand - since I am on a PGWP, how is my employer supposed to give me an indeterminate job offer knowing that I can't be here in Canada indefinitely without my PR?

Will this be an option: they provide me an indeterminate job offer which I provide IRCC. And they also make me sign a separate letter where they say the offer is only valid if I get my PR (which is something between me and my employer and I don't give this to IRCC)? Does this work?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is what I don't understand - since I am on a PGWP, how is my employer supposed to give me an indeterminate job offer knowing that I can't be here in Canada indefinitely without my PR?

Will this be an option: they provide me an indeterminate job offer which I provide IRCC. And they also make me sign a separate letter where they say the offer is only valid if I get my PR (which is something between me and my employer and I don't give this to IRCC)? Does this work?
But the employer declaration form that your employer must complete has sections to sign off that the job is permanent and full-time. Employer also has to show that they couldn’t hire a Canadian or PR so that is why the position must be permanent.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

The fact you are on a PGWP doesn't prevent your employer from giving you a permanent / indeterminate job (vs. contract). Plenty of people on temporary work permits have permanent jobs.

The letter the employer provides to IRCC must indicate the job is permanent / indeterminate. If the employer is contacted by IRCC, they must confirm this.