+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Condition 51 - Advice needed.

Abia

Aug 14, 2015
Dear Members,

Spousal immigration case submitted on September 7, 2012 to CIC, person landed in Toronto on January 5, 2015; after one year of cohabitation things didn't work and he intends for divorce/separation from his wife/in-laws. On his landing papers/COPR there is no condition 51 written. He has been threatened by his in-laws of deportation and criminal charges which in result revocation of his permanent residency and so on. what advice should I give him in this situation?

Regards
Abia

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
If no Condition 51, there is absolutely nothing the sponsor or their family can do to his PR status. Advice to give him, is to just ignore his in-laws completely.

Abia

Aug 14, 2015
Rob_TO said:
If no Condition 51, there is absolutely nothing the sponsor or their family can do to his PR status. Advice to give him, is to just ignore his in-laws completely.
Hi Rob_TO,

I need to further my query regarding condition 51.

As I do not have a condition 51 on my landing paper And I am in the second year of my marriage but the things are getting out of control slowly, but still I am trying to make this marriage work. Anyway, my mother-In-law once threatened me of deportation on the basis that she will inform the CIC that there was a misrepresentation on account of cohabitation period between me and my wife after marriage till the date she left for Canada which was four days after our marriage ceremony. As in my immigration papers I have stated that she cohabited with me from the date we got married till the date she left for Canada which was from June 22 to June 27, 2012. Our case was received by CIC on Sept 8, 2012.

Although we mostly stayed together in those four days after marriage and went on different outings and picnics till late at nights but she was kinda like insisted on spending her bedtimes in her parent's house and the rest of the day till midnights with me.

In the afore mentioned scenario what will be the outcome if things set forth in the direction of separation/divorce?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Abia said:
Hi Rob_TO,

I need to further my query regarding condition 51.

As I do not have a condition 51 on my landing paper And I am in the second year of my marriage but the things are getting out of control slowly, but still I am trying to make this marriage work. Anyway, my mother-In-law once threatened me of deportation on the basis that she will inform the CIC that there was a misrepresentation on account of cohabitation period between me and my wife after marriage till the date she left for Canada which was four days after our marriage ceremony. As in my immigration papers I have stated that she cohabited with me from the date we got married till the date she left for Canada which was from June 22 to June 27, 2012. Our case was received by CIC on Sept 8, 2012.

Although we mostly stayed together in those four days after marriage and went on different outings and picnics till late at nights but she was kinda like insisted on spending her bedtimes in her parent's house and the rest of the day till midnights with me.

In the afore mentioned scenario what will be the outcome if things set forth in the direction of separation/divorce?
If you applied for PR as a married couple, then a few days of cohabitation after the marriage will be completely irrelevant to CIC.
Your mother in law is just blowing smoke, there is nothing she can do to your PR status. I would just ignore her threats.

Abia

Aug 14, 2015
Rob_TO said:
If you applied for PR as a married couple, then a few days of cohabitation after the marriage will be completely irrelevant to CIC.
Your mother in law is just blowing smoke, there is nothing she can do to your PR status. I would just ignore her threats.
Thank you Rob. Your replies are very reasonable. Appreciate it.

Regards.