+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

concurrent application

Tony4

Jun 3, 2009
In last year, I applied for H&C due to the fact that CIC officer who conduct the interview told me that I won't get my visa extended in future unless I applied for H&C. As I still have things to do, I have no choice but to cave in. Since I applied for H&C, I started research on its success rate and found out that it is very low. It kind of worries me. The thought of my application being rejected before I finish my business, taking it's toll on me these days. Before I filed my H&C application, I met a lawyer who advised me to submit skill-worker class application along with H&C to higher my chances of getting PR status. He said that I don´t need to leave the country when the time comes for interview as well as to get PR card. All I need to do is to take a trip to buffalo to do such. He also said that I don´t need to find employer to sponsor me. When I asked him if this application would have adverse effects on my H&C application, he firmly said NO and they will be considered separately by different officers. I´m not sure how true is that. I want to up my chances of getting status. Should I follow this path?