+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concerns regarding spouse information on PR application

Kav_newbie

Jun 12, 2017
Hi,

I have two queries:

1. I am the primary applicant and my spouse was in India when I received the ITA. However my spouse had an opportunity to visit Canada again for a short period of work and when I submitted the application, he was actually in Canada. While submitting the PR application I have uploaded the latest copy of my spouse passport(with latest entry stamping) and also added a LOE mentioning about this recent visit to Canada, but did not update the same under travel or personal history. Though this is foolish of me, realized this only after submitting the application. I am worried if this will have any issues with PR processing. My spouse was here in Canada for 1 year before (2015-2016) and all his Canadian documents such as OHIP, License and SIN reflect the correct address. Is this is something I need to be worried about and if this will have an impact on my application? if yes, any corrective actions I can take?

2. I am still waiting for my spouse FBI clearance from U.S and have submitted my PR application without it, but provided proofs that I have applied for one. How do I update my application once I receive the FBI clearance or should I be waiting for CIC to request for one?

Appreciate any help on these queries!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

I have two queries:

1. I am the primary applicant and my spouse was in India when I received the ITA. However my spouse had an opportunity to visit Canada again for a short period of work and when I submitted the application, he was actually in Canada. While submitting the PR application I have uploaded the latest copy of my spouse passport(with latest entry stamping) and also added a LOE mentioning about this recent visit to Canada, but did not update the same under travel or personal history. Though this is foolish of me, realized this only after submitting the application. I am worried if this will have any issues with PR processing. My spouse was here in Canada for 1 year before (2015-2016) and all his Canadian documents such as OHIP, License and SIN reflect the correct address. Is this is something I need to be worried about and if this will have an impact on my application? if yes, any corrective actions I can take?

You've already submitted a letter. I don't think there's anything else you can do unless/until IRCC asks for something.

2. I am still waiting for my spouse FBI clearance from U.S and have submitted my PR application without it, but provided proofs that I have applied for one. How do I update my application once I receive the FBI clearance

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp