+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concerns regarding OINP Please help

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Hi Experts,

I have few concerns regarding OINP
1. It was mentioned in one of the post on this forum that you need to have at least a Bachelors degree to be eligible for OINP. I came across this link http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS.html and it says that if you have "graduated from or have met the requirements of a full-time degree or diploma program at an eligible publicly-funded Canadian college or university that is at least two (2) years in length or a one year post-graduate certificate program, which requires a previous degree in order to qualify"

I have completed 2 year post grad diploma and 1 year full time job experience under NOC A do I even qualify to apply for OINP?

2. If I do qualify, I guess my employer has to go through the pre-screening process to get me an approved job offer letter. I have been on some posts to check the current time frames for Pre screening and it seems like 7-9 months process. I graduated in feb 2015 and I have to submit my pacakge before feb 2017, in order to qualify as OINP applicant. My question is if pre-screening takes like 9 months I dont see myself submitting the package before due date. My doubt is does CIC put a hold on your time window once your pre-screening forms have been submitted by the employer? How does this process really works and affect my case?

Please advice I really need your advice I will complete my 2 year time window really soon. Any sort of help will be much appreciated

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Navprateek said:
Hi Experts,

I have few concerns regarding OINP
1. It was mentioned in one of the post on this forum that you need to have at least a Bachelors degree to be eligible for OINP. I came across this link http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS.html and it says that if you have "graduated from or have met the requirements of a full-time degree or diploma program at an eligible publicly-funded Canadian college or university that is at least two (2) years in length or a one year post-graduate certificate program, which requires a previous degree in order to qualify"

I have completed 2 year post grad diploma and 1 year full time job experience under NOC A do I even qualify to apply for OINP?
check the tool on CIC website - come to canada to assess eligibility

2. If I do qualify, I guess my employer has to go through the pre-screening process to get me an approved job offer letter. I have been on some posts to check the current time frames for Pre screening and it seems like 7-9 months process. I graduated in feb 2015 and I have to submit my pacakge before feb 2017, in order to qualify as OINP applicant. My question is if pre-screening takes like 9 months I dont see myself submitting the package before due date. My doubt is does CIC put a hold on your time window once your pre-screening forms have been submitted by the employer? How does this process really works and affect my case?
I'm not sure how the CIC process works, are you on student visa based in canada currently ? What exactly is your profile ?
Please advice I really need your advice I will complete my 2 year time window really soon. Any sort of help will be much appreciated

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Thanks for your reply. I have completed 2 year post grad from Otario college.Graduated on 25 feb 2015. Then I have 1 year experiencein NOC A category job, my employer is not willing to go through the LMIA process but he sort of looked interested in the Pre-screening. My concern is if my pre-screening will take months to process and by that time my 2 year window expires, then what will happen? Does all the work done by my employer will be useless or does cic put some sort of hold on the 2 year timeline once employer submits the pre-screening forms.