+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concerned about the NOC title

YOR7s0BC1GOd

May 12, 2024
Hi all,

I'm not sure if my job title fulfills the requirements of the NOC code. Could you give me some advice?

Background:

I've been a part-time worker in a store. Since my major is computer science, I contributed to the sales and payout data. The store owner then supported my promotion to store manager right after I graduated from a local college. I have been working full-time since then, passed the probation period, and made constant upgrades to the store.

My concerns:
  1. My salary is defined by an hourly wage of $22.00, which is lower than the average pay here in BC. Based on our profit, this is the most reasonable offer they could give me.
    -> Would this affect my NOC code? (60020 – Retail and Wholesale Trade Managers)
  2. I was promoted quickly from a sales associate and sales data analyst to store manager within a year.
    -> Would this affect the VO's decision because I achieved it in one year?
  3. We are planning to build a website, which is actually what I'm good at.
    -> Should I ask the owner to change my job title? Would it seem strange to a VO that a retail store owner hired me as a store manager and then changed my title to website developer?
In general, I don't want to waste my time working hard while risking that such experience won't be counted in the future.

I appreciate anyone's comments and advice.