+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Comprehensive Ranking System VS actual points

mississaugaapplicant

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Hello guys,
The CRS has awarded me 40 points for canadian work experience. When i plugged all the numbers in the actual application, i was awarded 0. I have a PGWP ( open work permit) and have been working in Canada for the past 1.75 years. Why am i not being given any points? although the CRS did award me.

Please let me know

jasgill

Jan 28, 2015
Same thing happened to me. I didn't got any points for my experience. If you found answer to this question please let me know too.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
mississaugaapplicant said:
Hello guys,
The CRS has awarded me 40 points for canadian work experience. When i plugged all the numbers in the actual application, i was awarded 0. I have a PGWP ( open work permit) and have been working in Canada for the past 1.75 years. Why am i not being given any points? although the CRS did award me.

Please let me know
The first thing I'd look at is which category your work experience falls under. You primary occupation and your related work experience has to be under NOC O, A or B. If it is anything else it won't be considered because the basic requirements of the 3 federal programs is to have SKILLED work experience. Skilled work meaning work in NOC O, A or B category.

Also, if your work experience was obtained while you were in full time studies or it was an internship then it won't be counted as well. The work experience will have to be obtained while you have a valid work permit and off campus work permit doesn't count here.

On the other hand, according to some other posts on the forum, the system only consider work experience that is related to your primary, intended occupation. Thus, if your intended occupation is totally different then the system won't count it. However, don't quote me on this because I did not test that out myself.

jasgill

Jan 28, 2015
ngelsa said:
The first thing I'd look at is which category your work experience falls under. You primary occupation and your related work experience has to be under NOC O, A or B. If it is anything else it won't be considered because the basic requirements of the 3 federal programs is to have SKILLED work experience. Skilled work meaning work in NOC O, A or B category.

Also, if your work experience was obtained while you were in full time studies or it was an internship then it won't be counted as well. The work experience will have to be obtained while you have a valid work permit and off campus work permit doesn't count here.

On the other hand, according to some other posts on the forum, the system only consider work experience that is related to your primary, intended occupation. Thus, if your intended occupation is totally different then the system won't count it. However, don't quote me on this because I did not test that out myself.

Whatever you said none of these applied to me. i still didn't get my 53 point for experience. i don't know why

Jazz127

Jan 30, 2015
mississaugaapplicant said:
Hello guys,

Please let me know
Are your 1.75 years work experience continuous? Are they from the same job?

I am having the same issue here. I have 1.5 years w/e from 2 jobs (both of them belong to cata B). They give me 0 point for Canadian experience.

Points were awarded after I changed it to 1 year continuos w/e.