+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complicated Situation

madman21

Aug 28, 2024
Hello, I am a graduate, I applied for an express entry in March and realized recently that with my score I would not be getting an invitation as my score is too low. I decided to go back to school to do a masters, wanting to start next winter semester in February, but the issue is that my post-graduate work permit ends on the 30th of this month. I applied for a BOWP in July not knowing that I needed an ITA. I was given an automatic message the day after telling me I could work until January 15th. I don't know what to do, I want to stay and not have to leave the country in 2 days and wait till I get a study permit which will be given to me before the extension ends anyway. I also don't want to have a bad record that will hinder my PR chances in the future or cause issues obtaining permits.

I asked a lawyer and he did indicate I could work with the automatic document sent, I didn't manage to get a chance to ask if it would cause issues.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I am a graduate, I applied for an express entry in March and realized recently that with my score I would not be getting an invitation as my score is too low. I decided to go back to school to do a masters, wanting to start next winter semester in February, but the issue is that my post-graduate work permit ends on the 30th of this month. I applied for a BOWP in July not knowing that I needed an ITA. I was given an automatic message the day after telling me I could work until January 15th. I don't know what to do, I want to stay and not have to leave the country in 2 days and wait till I get a study permit which will be given to me before the extension ends anyway. I also don't want to have a bad record that will hinder my PR chances in the future or cause issues obtaining permits.

I asked a lawyer and he did indicate I could work with the automatic document sent, I didn't manage to get a chance to ask if it would cause issues.
The BOWP application will likely be refused well before Jan 15th and then you'll end up in Canada without status. Agreed the best option is to leave.

Reactions: CanGoldDigger