+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

complicated question---changing from student permit to work permit

proton10

Aug 3, 2009
So here is the deal, a friend of mine owns an IT company and has offered to give me a full time permanent job. But the thing is since im living in Alberta, and am on a student visa, (TRV expired), and for reasons not disclosed, have not been to my college since i moved to Alberta. Therefore i cannot qualify for the work off campus work permit either where a student has to be registered for 6 months or more to be eligible.

Now i want to change my student visa to a work visa so that i can start working for my friend's company and in time also be able to finish my college diploma. I understand that i may have to get my boss to get a LMO, as well as a written letter of employment, and since my parents are paying for my stay here in Canada, i can get their written consent of financial support.
So I would like to know, if i can get a work permit with the LMO and letter of employment, proof of support? Will i need to get some sort of temporary resident visa too? what are some of the other complications i will have to come across?
What i am worried about however is my violation of not going to college while staying in Canada under the student visa.

Please be sincere and help me out with whatever advise you guyies have, and i will greatly appreciate it!!!

sh4ggy

Aug 4, 2010
proton10 ..cs1.6 wala? Dude yu should have atleast attended your classes.. I think they won't extend nor give you work permit your visa with the reason sorry you're not bona fide student.Are you enrolled ina diploma?What if you start the classes from now on wards.. ?