+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Completely new to the Immigration Process. Have some Job Related Doubts.

riyazquest

Nov 30, 2015
Hi,

I'm 26 years old and am a MBA Finance Graduate. I am planning to Immigrate to Canada in next year. I am taking the help of a consultancy for the whole process. I have recently sent my Education Docs to WES for verification and am preparing for IELTS at the same time. Before I ask my question, here are my Work Experiences.
1. I have worked in IBM for 23 Months as a Java Developer where I used to Code.
2. Then I moved on to work in a Bank where I was a Assistant Manager for 7 months (Could not get Work Ex Certificate here as I left in the middle of Probation period).
3. Then I did my Full Time MBA in Finance from NMIMS Mumbai and am presently working in a Oracle Consulting Firm which deals in Oracle App Softwares. I am a part of their Oracle Fusion Financials Team. I have been here for over 7 months now.

Now, my consultancy has taken only the 23 month experience from IBM and is counting my work experience as 1 year as I don't have certificates for Bank of India and can't use my present work experience as it is less than 1 year. They have said that once I get a chance to Enter into the Job Pool, they will put me in Computer Programmers pool, but will help me search for a Job as a MBA Fresher in Finance or with my Current Work Experience as a Oracle Fusion Financials Consultant.

What I want to ask is
1. How good are the opportunities for me as a MBA Fresher in Canada
2. Can I get a job as MBA Fresher or Oracle Fusion Finance Consultant even though my Profile is put under Computer Programmers
3. What do you guys think is a average salary for a MBA Fresher in the field of Finance. I understand I may have to start from the bottom of the pyramid.

Please give me honest answers. Thanks in Advance.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riyazquest said:
Hi,

I'm 26 years old and am a MBA Finance Graduate. I am planning to Immigrate to Canada in next year. I am taking the help of a consultancy for the whole process. I have recently sent my Education Docs to WES for verification and am preparing for IELTS at the same time. Before I ask my question, here are my Work Experiences.
1. I have worked in IBM for 23 Months as a Java Developer where I used to Code.
2. Then I moved on to work in a Bank where I was a Assistant Manager for 7 months (Could not get Work Ex Certificate here as I left in the middle of Probation period).
3. Then I did my Full Time MBA in Finance from NMIMS Mumbai and am presently working in a Oracle Consulting Firm which deals in Oracle App Softwares. I am a part of their Oracle Fusion Financials Team. I have been here for over 7 months now.

Now, my consultancy has taken only the 23 month experience from IBM and is counting my work experience as 1 year as I don't have certificates for Bank of India and can't use my present work experience as it is less than 1 year. They have said that once I get a chance to Enter into the Job Pool, they will put me in Computer Programmers pool, but will help me search for a Job as a MBA Fresher in Finance or with my Current Work Experience as a Oracle Fusion Financials Consultant.

What I want to ask is
1. How good are the opportunities for me as a MBA Fresher in Canada
2. Can I get a job as MBA Fresher or Oracle Fusion Finance Consultant even though my Profile is put under Computer Programmers
3. What do you guys think is a average salary for a MBA Fresher in the field of Finance. I understand I may have to start from the bottom of the pyramid.

Please give me honest answers. Thanks in Advance.
Well to be honest, this is the wrong forum to ask prospects of jobs in canada. Folks here are exclusively to get suggestion on express entry and how to go about various documents required for this system.

To get salary levels, use job portals and they usually advise on median salaries on various jobs across the board. What i have read and with my little knowledge, in order to go into management jobs, you will need canadian education and experience. If you are skilled worker, for instance a software engineer or programmer, you can get jobs with little effort and networking.
Canadian employers usually keeps interpersonal skills on the top and technical skills comes later when they assess a candidate. Their work culture is way different from south asian countries, so you may or may not get the Management job directly upon landing, but you will have to put in lots of efforts and inprove yours skills as per canadian standards.

riyazquest

Nov 30, 2015
Just wanted to know about how the job pool works as mine is a unique situation and about the opportunities for me as a MBA Fresher in Canada. Thanks anyway!