+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complete / Incomplete Document for Spousal Sponsorship / Visitor Extension

ajaxdude

Apr 28, 2016
Hello - not sure if anyone has/had the same experience or if anyone can enlighten

1) My wife's visitor extension paper application was received bu CIC on June 2, 2016. Her visitor visa expired on June 22, 2016. It is now Aug 16 and no response yet so she is in implied stats
2) We got married on May 31, 2016
3) Spousal Sponsorship was received by CIC on July 26, 2016.
-----------------
Question : In the spousal application, there was a question about status in Canada. Since I only have a courier receipt of the visitor extension application, I did not include that in the spousal sponsorship. Should I be worried that CIC may return the spousal application? Or are they going to eventually ask me for a document about her status pending result of the visitor extension application.

Thanks for the help.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
No worry here. Since they issue the statuses, I would expect they can see her status already based on PP. We had a similar situation where we applied inland + OWP about 15 days before her 6 month visit would expire. As long as they acknowledge when it was actually received (this is why we sent via Purolator with a signature required), then you are fine.

ajaxdude

Apr 28, 2016
Thank you profiler for the insight. That is a relief. I am thinking CIC will not be able to trace it because as of Aug 16, they are only processing visitor extension applications as of April 4 and the visitor application was received on June 2. So not sure if they have actually entered it into their system as it was paper submission.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016