+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Company name changed

brock10

Apr 11, 2011
Hi Guys,

I have a question and I can't seem to find anything on a forum to get an answer.

I have applied under CEC category. I waited about 4 month to get my medicals requested. I did my medicals. And it shows on the e-cas that my Medical Results were received. All of that is good. However, the company I work for, call it company ABC got purchased by a different company XYZ. As a results, company ABC doesn't exist anymore and all of the employees transitioned to XYZ. My job didn't change, nor the place of work. Just the pay comes from XYZ now, even my employment is considered as continues in XYZ.

So, my question is: do I need to notify Canadian Immigration about that the ABC merged with XYZ and that company name I work for got changed.? or it doesn't really matter for them? If so, what do people usually provide. I hope I don't need to fill out those forms that I did at the begining of application (Background Declaration, Work Experience, Etc)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
No, it is not required for CEC. It is possible that later, CIC will request an update of your status, you can explain it then if you need to, but there is no requirement for you to update your file for employment reasons.