+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

:COMMONLAW APPLY OPEN WORK PERMIT

Nov 16, 2012
Hi everyone, I am stuck very bad for Applying Open work permit of my common law partner. I am on pgw working as not B. Category.For 2 monthsWe have lived together for more than a year now and have her on rental lease agreement. I just added her to my account and credit card. We have known each other for 5 years now. Please advice how can she fill for open work permit on my pgw, her pgw is expiring in a month. She has applied for a closed work permit tht we expect by end of December. Unfortunately the employer is running out of business. Please advise waiting for your responses. Cheers.

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Get a statutory declaration of your relationship. Attach declaration, lease contract and other suporting doc of your relationship to apply for an open work permit as CLP.

Nov 16, 2012
Thank you for replying i have been waiting for so long.
I want to know how can i upload extra documents to support my relationship as i asked they dont have options to upload extra docs other than required docs.

Please also let me know is it better to give out proofs with the application or wait till the VO asks for it.
i did call CIC they say its is not mandatory depends on you , some say give when asked by VO ....

In this case is online application better or through mail???

Waiting for reply Thank you Pro_public

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Send by mail quoting your online submission reference number and an explanation letter contain both UCI, situation of Employer.
Attach your docs. Ask to change the CWP to an CLP OWP for spouse accompanying u. Pay the fee differences if any. See if they could fix that. Not sure.