+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COMMON-LAW SPONSORSHIP

LISA GUIA

May 24, 2013
Hi there, I'm Lisa and I'm from Italy. I have some questions about my case and I really hope to find somebody that can help me out with this matter. My common-low partner is a Canadian citizen and we are in a relation ship for almost 2 years. We are going to marry soon but we don't wanna do it right away. I was going to apply for the working holiday visa, but the 2013 programm is now close. So we are thinking about the sponsorship. Can I apply for it once I'm there in Canada?How long does it takes?I was also wondering if I can work while I'm waiting for the approvation.
When this sponsorship is approved, can i stay in Canada, live and work without problem, and for how long?I need to ask after for a work visa that allow me to work there?
Sorry but I'm trying to figure it out and I'm so confused!!!!
Thank's to all that will be able to help me out!!!
Greetings from Italy

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
LISA GUIA said:
Hi there, I'm Lisa and I'm from Italy. I have some questions about my case and I really hope to find somebody that can help me out with this matter. My common-low partner is a Canadian citizen and we are in a relation ship for almost 2 years. We are going to marry soon but we don't wanna do it right away. I was going to apply for the working holiday visa, but the 2013 programm is now close. So we are thinking about the sponsorship. Can I apply for it once I'm there in Canada?How long does it takes?I was also wondering if I can work while I'm waiting for the approvation.
When this sponsorship is approved, can i stay in Canada, live and work without problem, and for how long?I need to ask after for a work visa that allow me to work there?
Sorry but I'm trying to figure it out and I'm so confused!!!!
Thank's to all that will be able to help me out!!!
Greetings from Italy
Hi Lisa benvenuti!

i am not an authority on the matter and there would be more detailed answers to your query but here are my two cents!
In order to qualify as common law you must prove to CIC that you have cohabited for a minimum of 12 months!
If you do go to Canada with your spouse you will only be allowed to remain there for 6 months as you are from a Visa exempt country as Italia is!
Of course you guys can file your applications while in Canada but I am recommending you to do this procedure outland as it is much faster. Rome's VO is now at 14 months
You may not work in Canada while on TRV (Temporary resident visa) and you must not show intend to work when crossing the border because there is a good chance that they will turn you back!
Stick around this forum and you will find many many things and there are many good people who will give you valuable info.
Greetings from your neighbor Grecia!
Buonasera

messenger

LISA GUIA

May 24, 2013
Thank you a lot for your message !!!
It's very nice to find person like you that can help out in these kinds of matters .

thank you a lot
Greetings from Italy

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
LISA GUIA said:
Thank you a lot for your message !!!
It's very nice to find person like you that can help out in these kinds of matters .

thank you a lot
Greetings from Italy
Thanks and you are very welcome

I am only giving back some of the great help I had here from others. This forum is full of people who are going through the same things you and I are.

Good luck with your applications
Greetings from Greece

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
LISA GUIA said:
My common-low partner is a Canadian citizen and we are in a relation ship for almost 2 years. We are going to marry soon but we don't wanna do it right away.
He can apply to sponsor you while he is living in Italy. He would then have to include proof that he will return to Canada once you get the PR visa. If you apply common-law, you need to prove you have lived together for 12 months at least. If it seems it will be difficult to prove that, I would wait until you get married.
Can I apply for it once I'm there in Canada?How long does it takes?I was also wondering if I can work while I'm waiting for the approvation.
You can come to Canada as a visitor without a visa. You will most likely be able to stay for 6 months; you can apply to extend this time at about the 5-month mark. You cannot work while in Canada as a visitor. You could apply for your PR inland, which means you would get a work permit after first-stage processing (maybe 6 months). Applying outland is often faster than inland, though. Once you get your PR, you can work in Canada. Outland means your application will be processed outside of Canada - you can be in Canada as a visitor during this, or outside Canada. Inland means the application is processed in Canada, and you would have to stay in Canada for the length of the processing.
Once you get a PR visa, you can live and work in Canada for as long as you want to. Once you have the PR visa, you do not need a work permit.