+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common law partner canadian (pnp application)

syara

Sep 7, 2024
Hello everyone,

I received the invitation to apply under the provincial nominee class for the province of Ontario. However when going through the checklist I'm confused on whether I need to add information of my common law partner as well in my application as he is already a Canadian Citizen.

If someone can please clarify from the points below which ones I would need to fill out for my partner as these points all show under common law partner

1. Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) - do I need to add the last 10 years personal history of my partner in this form. I have only added my information for now.

2. Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) -
I have added him in this form as my common law partner

3. Travel documents and passport - do I need to add his passport here I have added mine in this section only

4. Identity and Civil Status Documents - do I need to add his birth certificate and the common law declaration form here (IMM 5409). In this section too I have just added my documents for now.

It doesn't mention on the checklist anything else for spouse related to police clearance or photo. Can someone please clarify for me this as I am a bit confused on how to fill these sections if my partner is already a Canadian Citizen.

All help is really appreciated. Thank you again for your time and advice on this.