+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-law Inland Application: IMM 5285 Questions

pyonta

Apr 26, 2014
Hi,

My boyfriend is trying to sponsor me through common-law partner program. I am trying to fill out the form IMM 5285 ( Spouse/Common Law Questionnaire), and I have the following questions/confusion. I am wondering if anyone could help us !

1. Question 2 & Question 5 : We have dated for over 8 years, but, we have been in a common-law relationship for about 3 years. So, we have many pictures taken together, including during the trips together. Questions 2 is asking for the photos taken during the outing/trips, but Question 5 is also asking for documents showing travel together, so I feel that those Questions overlap.. For Question 5 , thought, is specifically uses the word" DOCUMENT" not "PHOTOS", so does that mean that for Question 5, we should provide tickets, itinararies..etc, instead of trip photos, and provide all the trip photos as supports to Question 2.

2. Question 5 & Question 12: : For question 5, should we just provide explanations with supporting documents specifically asked under Question 5, and for Question 12, we should include all other documents ( everything else not included under Question 2, and 5) that support our genuine and continuing relationship?

3. On the document checklist ( IMM 5443), it lists all the documents to be provided. I realized that a lot of supporting documents ( such as Joint bank account statements, Joint lease ....etc) have been included under FORM IMM 5285.. Does that mean that I don't have to prepare those overlapping documents twice?

Thank you so much to taking your time to read our questions :) !