+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Commercial driver/pr card renewal

Westcoastx

Feb 27, 2022
Presently my pr card is expired as of two days ago..Today I got an email confirmation that my pr card renewal application has been received, however the status update page does not say it's been received or in process yet...I suppose the staus is delayed because they had just received it.
My problem is that for work purposes, I drive a commercial van across the border two days per week and I can't find any information about whether or not I will be allowed to cross back into Canada without having to get a permanent resident travel document(PRTD).
The Canada Immigration website states that a PRTD is required for people entering with an expired pr card via commercial vehicles, but it only mentions trains, planes, boats, or by bus...no mention of commercial work vans.
And then it says for private vehicles, no PRTD is necessary..but they also don't describe a commercial work van as a private vehicle either.

Questions are..
Is the fact that my renewal application has been received enough for me to cross back into Canada without a PRTD in a commercial van for work?

Anyone know if commercial work vans are considered commercial or private vehicles regarding the PRTD requirement for expired pr card holders?