+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Colombian Police Certificate. How to ask for it?

ljcz

Jan 25, 2019
Hello,

I've received an ITA 2 days ago and I'm asked to upload the police certificate from Colombia because I lived there for 2 years (I'm Honduran). When I investigate the procedure, I've found the following information:

"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will send you a file number and a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You will need that letter and file number when you apply for a Police Certificate.

Name of document(s) to get: Background Verification Certificate"

My first question is: First you get the background verification certificate, submit it with the application for PR and afterwards CIC wil give me instructions for the Police certificate, am I correct? I know I have to contact one of two companies (G4S or Omnitempus)

There is a special note on the instruction for the certificates:

"Special notes and considerations:

Do not apply for the Background Verification Certificate until you receive a file number from the Canadian visa office and instructions telling you to apply for the certificate."

On the page were I'm supposed to upload the documents, I'm asked to load the Colombian certificate, but I haven't received the file number from the Canadian Visa Office.

My second question: I'm gonna received a message authorizing me to ask for the background certificate? Remember I only have 60 days to submit the application.

Thanks in advance for your help

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
I provided the UCI found in the EE profile where I got the Invitation to Apply

tamik

Sep 3, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I provided the UCI found in the EE profile where I got the Invitation to Apply
Did it work? Were you able to apply for a certificate. Which company you applied to? G4S or Omnitempus?
How long did it take? And did it work for IRCC?

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
Did it work? Were you able to apply for a certificate. Which company you applied to? G4S or Omnitempus?
How long did it take? And did it work for IRCC?
Hi, yes it did work with Omnitempus. I noticed the UCI changed when Medicals were passed last June, but it seems the initial UCI was accepted by Omintempus to perform the PCC.

tamik

Sep 3, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi, yes it did work with Omnitempus. I noticed the UCI changed when Medicals were passed last June, but it seems the initial UCI was accepted by Omintempus to perform the PCC.
That's good, most importantly now is that it doesn't get lost because your UCI has changed, and ircc receives it.
I applied directly to the police and submitted legalized certificate, let's see if it works.
I am wondering when people usually get the request. During the completeness check? If so, your way worked out.

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
That's good, most importantly now is that it doesn't get lost because your UCI has changed, and ircc receives it.
I applied directly to the police and submitted legalized certificate, let's see if it works.
I am wondering when people usually get the request. During the completeness check? If so, your way worked out.
How come you asked directly to the Colombian Police? The canada.ca website is pretty clear about contacting either Omnitempus or G4S in Colombia, not the Colombian Police.
Hope you get it right and wish you success in your application!

tamik

Sep 3, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
How come you asked directly to the Colombian Police? The canada.ca website is pretty clear about contacting either Omnitempus or G4S in Colombia, not the Colombian Police.
Hope you get it right and wish you success in your application!
I described the process here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/colombia-police-certificate-process.151942/post-8693406
I hope if it doesn't suit they won't refuse my application and will just send me a request

LeoRamirez

Feb 4, 2020
Hello,

I've received an ITA 2 days ago and I'm asked to upload the police certificate from Colombia because I lived there for 2 years (I'm Honduran). When I investigate the procedure, I've found the following information:

"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will send you a file number and a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You will need that letter and file number when you apply for a Police Certificate.

My first question is: First you get the background verification certificate, submit it with the application for PR and afterwards CIC wil give me instructions for the Police certificate, am I correct? I know I have to contact one of two companies (G4S or Omnitempus)

Do not apply for the Background Verification Certificate until you receive a file number from the Canadian visa office and instructions telling you to apply for the certificate."

On the page were I'm supposed to upload the documents, I'm asked to load the Colombian certificate, but I haven't received the file number from the Canadian Visa Office.

My second question: I'm gonna received a message authorizing me to ask for the background certificate? Remember I only have 60 days to submit the application.

Hi, I would like to know how did you do with that police certificate? How was the process once you applied

tv01d

May 26, 2021
Hello,

Hello, I'm in the same process, how did it go ?

I'm confused on "
After you send your application for permanent residence, we’ll send you a

• file number and
  • letter requesting a police certificate
"
Does this mean I have to send an AOR and wait for this information ? I already requested to it omnitempus with the EE application number and the UCI before my AOR, did I mess up ?

Vanessaagn

Apr 26, 2021
Hello, I'm in the same process, how did it go ?

I'm confused on "
After you send your application for permanent residence, we’ll send you a

• file number and
  • letter requesting a police certificate
"
Does this mean I have to send an AOR and wait for this information ? I already requested to it omnitempus with the EE application number and the UCI before my AOR, did I mess up ?
You have to wait a letter from the IRCC to request the Colombian police certificate. After paying for the process they will send you the letter. In the place where you suppose to upload the police certificate, you have to provide a letter of explanation saying that you are waiting for the letter from them to continue the process.

Reactions: tv01d