+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Colombia to Canada rejected twice

BazB44

May 2, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am trying to spend time with a friend (and her son) from Colombia, and we would like to go to Canada together for a week but her Visa has been refused twice already. I am in the USA so I can just drive to Canada to see her without a Visa.

The explanation was that they were not satisfied that she would return to Colombia, and also that the family ties were not strong.

We wrote long detailed letters, I showed my bank statements showing enough money for our one week stay, and she also showed a letter from her employer.

I believe the issue is that she has a son coming with her, and maybe the officers think that she is trying to immigrate which she isnt.

So, its been refused twice already, and we are unsure what to do now. We wrote a detailed itinerary, showed bank statements, employer letter, so we are not sure how else to go about this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Im thinking it might be a better idea if her son stays home in Colombia, so at least she will have to go back?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am trying to spend time with a friend (and her son) from Colombia, and we would like to go to Canada together for a week but her Visa has been refused twice already. I am in the USA so I can just drive to Canada to see her without a Visa.

The explanation was that they were not satisfied that she would return to Colombia, and also that the family ties were not strong.

We wrote long detailed letters, I showed my bank statements showing enough money for our one week stay, and she also showed a letter from her employer.

I believe the issue is that she has a son coming with her, and maybe the officers think that she is trying to immigrate which she isnt.

So, its been refused twice already, and we are unsure what to do now. We wrote a detailed itinerary, showed bank statements, employer letter, so we are not sure how else to go about this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Im thinking it might be a better idea if her son stays home in Colombia, so at least she will have to go back?
Why don’t you go to Columbia or she visits you in the US? Why Canada? Your bank statements have nothing to do with her and are not relevant. If she is not your spouse, then she must show her own funds. Her family ties are her son. If she want to visit Canada, she could travel without her son for the week. I think it is not about immigrating but about claiming asylum.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

Your information is irrelevant. She needs to show the supporting evidence herself.
- What evidence did she include to prove her employment apart from the employment letter?
- How much did she show in funds available to support her trip?
- Does she own property and did she show evidence of this?
- Does she have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US?