+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Coaches - 53201

TennisCoach

Sep 13, 2023
Hello,
My job is teer 3 and my PGWP is going to expire next year. Am I eligible to apply for International Mobility Program (IMP) which is a close work permit. My employer can help write a letter to extend my job offer for 2 more year. As my job is part of Canadian interest and is LMIA exempt.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
My job is teer 3 and my PGWP is going to expire next year. Am I eligible to apply for International Mobility Program (IMP) which is a close work permit. My employer can help write a letter to extend my job offer for 2 more year. As my job is part of Canadian interest and is LMIA exempt.
So are you LMIA exempt under Coaches? You need to show that there is reciprocal agreement for work permits through Tennis Canada or your work place with foreign institutions. A job letter is not enough.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/canadian-interests-reciprocal-employment-general-guidelines-r205-b-c20.html

TennisCoach

Sep 13, 2023
Can I have any other option on how to stay in Canada legally after PGWP is expired? My employer can help me with whatever is required. Just finding some ways to work in Canada after pgwp.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can I have any other option on how to stay in Canada legally after PGWP is expired? My employer can help me with whatever is required. Just finding some ways to work in Canada after pgwp.
If not eligible for a LMIA exempt permit, then employer files for LMIA (if meets conditions) so then you apply for closed work permit.