+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

co-op programs---- application process?????????

KRUTHI

Mar 22, 2014
hello

can anyone tell me the actual process for appyling to a co-op program????

through consultancy they only arrange the admission process and are not assuring about co-op application.... ???

is it the responsibility of the consultancy to apply for co-op while applying to course/program/MS or is the student held the responsibility for applying to co-op after getting into the univ/college????i.e while studying.

please do reply and clarify this question since many consultancies i visited are totally neglecting this much essential element of "co-op"... and confusing ::)
so i felt this is the ri8 site to clarify such doubts....

i hope for more replies with clarifications...... :)

Gireesh

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Chennai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 june
VISA ISSUED...
7 7 2014
lol dnt ask foolish qns ;D

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Gireesh said:
lol dnt ask foolish qns ;D

You should know that a wise man like you can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from you.

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
KRUTHI said:
hello

can anyone tell me the actual process for appyling to a co-op program????

through consultancy they only arrange the admission process and are not assuring about co-op application.... ???

is it the responsibility of the consultancy to apply for co-op while applying to course/program/MS or is the student held the responsibility for applying to co-op after getting into the univ/college????i.e while studying.

please do reply and clarify this question since many consultancies i visited are totally neglecting this much essential element of "co-op"... and confusing ::)
so i felt this is the ri8 site to clarify such doubts....

i hope for more replies with clarifications...... :)
yes, co-op is very essential element of studies especially if you are a genuine student.

to apply for co-op program:
1> first check on college/university website whether they have co-op option available in the program which you want to do. if yes, then further check the website to know the whetther application for co-op program is different or not.

Usually, universities offer co-op programs in few degrees (mostly engineering) most universities start the co-op program after you complete first year. after first year they ask you to apply for co-op then on basis of academic performance they offer you co-op or ask you to pursue degree without co-op if yo are not academically good.

some universities have different program specifically for co-op, for example: there are two programs, one is civil engineering and other is civil engineering co-op, in these cases you need to apply for co-op program right in the beginning when you apply to university.

consultants don't give flying rats ass about co-op, i encourage you to apply yourself. if money and PR is not an issue then I suggest that you apply to USA uni which provides co-op especially if you into engineering, USA offers more co-op opportunities because USA has more no. of reputed institutes and employers than Canada. (not that CANADA doesn't have, but u know i m biased sometimes :D)

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
You need to consult the university co-op office. Admissions and consultants have nothing to do with it.

KRUTHI

Mar 22, 2014
@meagan99 and mizan

thank you both that ws useful and helpful...

@meagan that kind reply was truely helpful and clear.. thanks...

i feel this site needs more geniune members like mizan and meagan..... :D ;D