+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closure of physical office affect PNP?

johnantony

Sep 17, 2024
Hi All,

I have submitted full application and waiting for Manitoba PNP nomination. But my physical office in Manitoba is closing soon and job status will move to 'Remote' employee. Going forward I will be getting the payslips with company head quarters address in a diffrent province. May I know does this affect my PNP application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I have submitted full application and waiting for Manitoba PNP nomination. But my physical office in Manitoba is closing soon and job status will move to 'Remote' employee. Going forward I will be getting the payslips with company head quarters address in a diffrent province. May I know does this affect my PNP application?
Yes it could and you must inform PNP if your employer address changes. PNP is to encourage work and settlement in the province which is why PNPs typically want to see that you are working for an employer in that province.

Reactions: johnantony

johnantony

Sep 17, 2024
Yes it could and you must inform PNP if your employer address changes. PNP is to encourage work and settlement in the province which is why PNPs typically want to see that you are working for an employer in that province.
Thank you for your response. Should I check with my employer to see if they are still registered in Manitoba (since they are closing only the physical location)? There were about 150+ employees and if they are still registered then I will be good for the PNP?
If not, could you please suggest some other options, If I find another Manitoba employer, will I be good with my current MPNP application?