+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed WP and Passport Renewal

prasnag

Jun 24, 2020
I have applied for my Closed WP renewal and it was filed on Dec 3. My dependent son has a passport that is expiring in Oct 2021. If his student visa is renewed will the expiry be only till Oct 2021. Should i renew his passport now when my current application for extension is under process ? If I go for a taktal renewal of passport from Canada and update my current WP renewal application ,will that be considered ? Or is is better to get the extension , apply for passport renewal and then apply for student permit extn ?

Mamta26

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
I have applied for my Closed WP renewal and it was filed on Dec 3. My dependent son has a passport that is expiring in Oct 2021. If his student visa is renewed will the expiry be only till Oct 2021. Should i renew his passport now when my current application for extension is under process ? If I go for a taktal renewal of passport from Canada and update my current WP renewal application ,will that be considered ? Or is is better to get the extension , apply for passport renewal and then apply for student permit extn ?
Hi I am in same situation. I have applied for My pgwp along with my son and his passport is expiring in august. I got his visa approval till his passport expires. Please do you have any idea how long does it take to renew his visa with the new passport because we have to travel and need his trv.