+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed work permit working in multiple location applying for PR

Toronto2023

Jul 9, 2023
Hi!

My boss owned 2 stores of the same company(franchise). She sponsored me to get a closed work permit on her 1st store. I end up working on both location (same pay, same position and same job). My hours are evenly split between 2 stores. Now, I will be applying for my permanent residence. Should I declare that I’m working on different store? Or should I just declare the 1st store and just include my pay stubs with the 2nd store on the same file. Is that gonna be a problem? Will it affect my PR application? It is grounds for refusal? Is it a grounds for my work permit cancellation?

it is a franchise. I have 1 employer for both stores but her accounts name are slightly different from one another(I personally think it’s because of the financial aspect of the business). And both stores are located in toronto. The immigration consultant I hired when I was applying for closed work permit said it is okay. Now I’m not sure if that is true and legit or not. Hopefully someone can give me some insight about this. Thank you!