+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed work permit processing time in Nigeria

Okey53

Jul 31, 2024
Hello
My company recently applied for a closed work permit for me. The job is not a health service NOC but provides critical support for a provincial Emergency Health Service. I was told it will take 14 calendar days but it is about 16days now. Any idea of why the delay? Also what does the Visa office check/verify in the work permit process .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
My company recently applied for a closed work permit for me. The job is not a health service NOC but provides critical support for a provincial Emergency Health Service. I was told it will take 14 calendar days but it is about 16days now. Any idea of why the delay? Also what does the Visa office check/verify in the work permit process .
People on this forum have been waiting months for approval under critical support services. Who told you it will take 14 days? The visa office checks whether you can do the job - work experience, education, language tests. Verifies this information and all other documentation. What is the NOC? Do you need medical?

Last edited:
Reactions: Okey53
Jun 8, 2024
Today at 11:55 AM
New
Add bookmark
Hello
My company recently applied for a closed work permit for me. The job is not a health service NOC but provides critical support for a provincial Emergency Health Service. I was told it will take 14 calendar days but it is about 16days now. Any idea of why the delay? Also what does the Visa office check/verify in the work

Reactions: Okey53

Okey53

Jul 31, 2024
People on this forum have been waiting months for approval under critical support services. Who told you it will take 14 days? The visa office checks whether you can do the job - work experience, education, language tests. Verifies this information and all other documentation. What is the NOC? Do you need medical?
NOC 72600. Medicals done up front and submitted

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are pilots the only professionals in aviation that TC requires Licensing? And you are sure that am not a Flight Engineer which is part of NOC 72600?
So you are a flight engineer. If so you need a licensed issued by TC. As per the NOC,
  • Pilots and flight engineers
  • Completion of secondary school and graduation from a certified flying or aviation school are required.
  • A university degree or college diploma may be required.
  • A commercial pilot's licence (more than 200 hours of flight experience) or an air transport pilot's licence (more than 1500 hours of flight experience) is required.
  • Additional licences or endorsements to fly different types of aircraft are required.
  • Flight engineers require a flight engineer licence issued by Transport Canada.
  • Structured training is provided by employers.
Google - flight engineer transport canada - to research the licensing requirements.